Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday February 12, 2017 Online Reviews Amazon and Yelp and Song Listings

Songs for me to keep in mind today Sunday Feb. 12, 2017 
Skin by Rihanna
Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga
Ayo by Lady Gaga
Madonna Masterpiece
Happy by Pharrell Williams
Superstar by Madonna
Maroon 5 Animals
Dreams by Beck
Irresistble by Fall out Boy and Demi Lovato
Moondance by Van Morrison
Drive by by Train
My Type by Motel
The Walker by Fitz and the Tantrums

Mountain Sound by Of Monsters and Men
The Way You Move by Outkast feat. Sleepy Brown
You're The Best Thing by the Style Council
Wonderful Life by Hurts



Hacksaw Ridge
Hacksaw Ridge
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Moving and HeartfeltFebruary 12, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Hacksaw Ridge (Amazon Video)
I admit that I decided to watch Hacksaw Ridge after I saw an ad featured for it in my Amazon Kindle. I even bought that film, despite wanting to rent another movie on Amazon. After watching the film, I am very glad that I purchased the movie and would watch it again for some of the following reasons; There is an enduring and touching love story between the characters of Desmond Doss (Andrew Garfield) and Dorothy Schutte (Teresa Palmer). Doss’s wife is even showing standing by him even after he is almost in danger of getting court-martialed for this beliefs. The film shows how the personality of Desmond Doss developed under the influence of his mom Bertha Doss (Rachel Griffiths) and his father Tom Doss (Hugo Weaving). Vince Vaughan makes an appearance in the film as Sergeant Howell, who becomes a significant part of the character development to Garfield’s Doss character. The end of the film shows among the following facts; Desmond Doss carried 75 wounded men to safety on Hacksaw Ridge. Doss was the first conscientious objector to receive the Medal of Honor. Desmond and Dorothy were married until her death in 1991. Desmond Doss passed away at the age of 87 in March 2006. Of course, there are more actors and actresses (as well as plot scenes) that factor a great deal into this film. However, I must refrain from saying more out of consideration for those who have yet to see the film.

The Meaning of Michelle: 16 Writers on the Iconic First Lady and How Her Journey Inspires Our Own
The Meaning of Michelle: 16 Writers on the Iconic First Lady and How Her Journey Inspires Our Own
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Shows the Multi-dimensional Side of Michelle ObamaFebruary 12, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This kindlebook of The Meaning of Michelle: 16 Writers On The Iconic First Lady And How Her Journey Inspires Our Own by Veronica Chambers opens with a heartfelt tribute by Ava Duvernay. The writers recall what they know about Michelle Obama’s life. One of the writers mentioned about Michelle Obama taking her daughters to dance lessons and movie play dates on Saturdays (I take it to mean before her husband became President). There is mention about some of the women connected andor knew Michelle Obama (Cindy Moelis, Valerie Jarrett). However, I was shocked to see that even Michelle Obama had to undergo great judgment from others when a writer wrote an article for New York magazine about Michelle Obama and the Vineyard vacation spot. I admit that one of the reasons why this kindlebook caught my attention was because my husband and I mutually agreed that Michelle Obama running for President one day would make a good Presidential race. However, I want to refrain from saying more for now to try to keep things drama-free because I do come from a racially diverse family (family members of Native American, Caucasian, andor African American/Black American descent)where I know of at least two of my family members who expressed support for Trump becoming President. However, one of those family members is from my late adoptive mother’s side (she was an American born woman of Caucasian descent) and they provide emotional support and encouragement to me through both the challenging times of my life and good times. The other family member who expressed support for Trump becoming President is my 78 year old adoptive father (American born man of Mexican and Aztec Indian descent)who took me in as his own daughter when he didn’t have to when I was just a few months shy of 8 years old.

My Lottery Dream Home, Season 2
My Lottery Dream Home, Season 2
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun To Watch If You Dream of Owning Your Own Home One DayFebruary 12, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Purchasing Season 2 of my Lottery Dream Home is what I consider a fun purchase, especially since I also have season 1. I admit that my mother-in-law introduced me to this series back in July 2016 when we were watching an episode together. Anyhow, what I have watched so far of Season 2 (episodes 1-3) has been nothing short of riveting. What I found really fascinating in what I have watched so far is that one of the couples won the lottery after they had already made their minds up on where they were going to live long-term (the Music City episode). I intend to provide a review update on when I have watched the remaining episodes within 3-4 weeks from now at the latest.

The Magicians, Season 2
The Magicians, Season 2
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Adult Style Supernatural ThemesFebruary 12, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
The Magicians Season 2 Sy-fy channel tv show caught my interest after it was advertised to me recently when I was online. It was an easy decision for me to check out the first episode of Magicians Season 2 because I had the chance to check out some early episodes of Magicians Season 1 back in early 2016 (I had even reviewed what I watched of Magicians Season 1 on Amazon on January 17, 2016). Season 2 episode 1 features the character of Julia Wicker (Stella Maeve) accompanying a character (hope I’m correct with who I think is Charles Measure) who offers to help her shed certain parts of what makes her who she is with the payoff of greater happiness. There is also the characters of Quentin Coldwater (Jason Ralph), Alice Quinn (Olivia Taylor Dudley), William Penny Adiyodi (Arjun Gupta) and other characters important to the series engaging in some type of ritual to what looks to be elevating their power andor cementing an elevated status. I intend to watch more episodes in this season and I look forward to what is in store and I plan to provide a review update within 3-4 weeks from now.

Million Dollar Shoppers Season 1
Million Dollar Shoppers Season 1
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Day In The Life OfFebruary 12, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This purchase of Million Dollar Shoppers Season 1 stemmed out of my desire to get a glimpse into the viewpoints of people who make a financial living out of shopping. The first episode has one of the shoppers naturally concerned and coming to terms with making sure that her client’s daughter is happy with the clothes selected for her. I did get a sense that this personal shopper is truly passionate about being a personal shopper. However, I do admit that I need more time to provide an update (within 3-4 weeks from now) on more detailed thoughts on what I saw in the whole season.

Edit
Texas De Brazil

455 Massachusetts Ave NW
Ste 100
Washington, DC 20001
at N I St

5.0 star rating
2/12/2017
My husband and I decided to take a chance on eating at Texas De Brazil yesterday (Saturday February 11) as a way of us getting our Valentine's Day meal on a weekend day. I was a little familiar with this restaurant because my husband and I ate at a place similar to this in Orlando, Florida and this place reminded us of a similar restaurant in the area that also serves tasty food; Fogo De Chao. Both the service and food were good as was the food bar that is also offered to accompany the meats. We were served a range of meats such as some type of garlic flavored steak, parmesan pork, and sides that were a delicious tasting what looked to be friend plantains, and some type of Yorkshire pudding bread. The only caveat is that this restaurant  costs 60 dollars for two people even for lunch, but the taste of the food and what is offered makes it worth it. Additionally, my husband and I would go back to Texas De Brazil in the future but it would be an occasional trip only because of the cost and the generous portions that are offered for what you pay for (a woman with goals such as myself could only go occasionally yet I'm aware that there are probably people viewing this who could go everyday if they wanted to).

No comments:

Post a Comment