Friday, March 17, 2017

Online Amazon Reviews Posted by Saturday March 18, 2017 written by Stella Carrier (images and text from Amazon.com)

Doctor Strange (2016) (Plus Bonus Features)
DVD
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected Events Leading To Unexpected DiscoveriesMarch 17, 2017
I actually purchased the digital version of Doctor Strange (2016 Bonus Features) and watched this film today with my husband. Fortunately, both of us enjoyed the film and towards the end of the film my husband explained how the infinity stones connect to this film, the Thor films, Guardians of the Galaxy, and some of the other Marvel characters involved (Captain America, Iron Man etc.). Additionally, the character of Thor (Chris Hemsworth) makes an appearance and his brother Loki (played by Tom Hiddleston) is briefly mentioned. There are a multiple number of brilliant plot points and acting sequences in this film to where it is tricky for me to pinpoint the moments that were the most poignant to me. However, what I do feel confident in saying is that the spiritual and emotional connection between Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) and Christine Palmer (Rachel McAdams) is shown in a powerful manner. Dr. Strange’s life changes dramatically when he seeks help through Karl Modo (Chiwetel Ejiofor) and the Ancient One (Tilda Swinton). An unexpected event had caused Strange to seek out assistance and he found out about the “Ancient One” through one of the men that he had turned away in his past (Jonathan Pangborn played by Benjamin Bratt). Modo and the Ancient One eventually help him despite their first impressions of him. Background information on Kaecilius (Mads Mickkelsen) is also mentioned within a few days of Strange meeting both the Ancient One and Modo after the Ancient One admitted that she trained him but he took what she taught him to a different place than she expected. Strange is also introduced to Wong (Benedict Wong) who explains some of the books in a private library that Strange is allowed into. Strange’s initial meeting with Wong is also a little uncomfortable as well, yet Strange eventually builds rapport with Wong and even persuades him to give famous celebrity/musician Beyonce a listen.

TED Talks Storytelling: 23 Storytelling Techniques from the Best TED Talks
TED Talks Storytelling: 23 Storytelling Techniques from the Best TED Talks
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beneficial Ted Talk AudiobookMarch 17, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
It was an easy decision for me to purchase the audible version of Ted Talks Storytelling; 23 Storytelling Techniques from the Best Ted Talks by Akash Karia because I had purchased the kindle version of this book on November 6, 2016. Akash Karia explains why making a speech or talk into a storytelling format creates a more complex and stimulating speech. Karia also helpfully explains why conflict can make a story more exhilarating to read andor listen to (he cites the Titanic movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet other actors/actresses etc. as how the conflict made the film more interesting). This was important for me to hear in this audible version because it helped me feel guilt-free about all of the times I have used conflict in my freestyle story writing when I blog (however, due to karmic andor spiritual reasons I strive to change names, locations, andor physical locations due to my increased intuitive/logic awareness that more people than I may have initially realized view my freestyle stories online as each day passes). I even unexpectedly came across an online article less than 18 hours ago that featured an online commenter who had a similar name to one of the characters that I used from an online name generator for one of my recent freestyle stories who had overcame a little challenge to triumph over.

3 Juicy Writing Projects to Inspire You For Life
3 Juicy Writing Projects to Inspire You For Life
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Tidbits For A Cheap PriceMarch 17, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This kindlebook of 3 Juicy Writing Projects To Inspire You For Life by Stella Duncan is perfect to look at for a quick read and some storytelling ideas. I was thrilled to see Stella Duncan’s inclusion of music as one of the ideas because I had already been following my logic and intuition with using music in some of my writings regardless of how I am judged for doing so. What was even eerie was that my husband had told me less than 9 hours ago about spotting an article online related to one of the events that I wrote about in one of my freestyle stories less than 24 hours after I had wrote and showed him the freestyle story.

+1 (feat. Sam White)
+1 (feat. Sam White)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Unique and Passionate Club Love SongMarch 17, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: +1 (feat. Sam White) (MP3 Music)
I admit that this terrific club love song of +1 by Martin Solveig (feat. Sam White) grew on me after multiple times of hearing it on Pandora Radio and my most recent listen was on iheartradio and then youtube. One of the features that I love most about the song is that Sam White’s vocals harmonize perfectly with the music in the +1 song.

Climate Change [Explicit]
Climate Change [Explicit]
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling To Listen To Whether You Are a Pitbull Fan Or A Newbie To Pitbull’s MusicMarch 17, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Climate Change by Pitbull is perfect if you frequently like to listen to club, dance, andor electronic type music with hints of pop thrown in. Each song on Climate Change is fun to listen to, yet I admit that two of the songs that I greatly enjoy on Climate Change are ones that I also found exciting to listen to when I first heard them (Bad Man feat. Robin Thicke, Joe Perry, and Travis Barker) and Greenlight (feat. Flo Rida and LunchMoney Lewis). However, I would definitely look out for music videos to other songs from the Climate Change collection as well because I feel that beginning Climate Change with We Are Strong (feat. Kiesza), featuring such carefree/light-hearted songs as Educate Ya (feat. Jason Derulo) and ending with the Can’t Have song gives this music collection a valiant feel. I have been purchasing some of Pitbull’s music since the summer of 2011 with his Planet Pit collection. However, newbies to this music may still enjoy this collection if they enjoy pop, dance, andor club tunes. A good way to gauge if you might enjoy this collection is if you listen to and like some of Pitbull’s previous songs such as Timber (feat. Kesha), Hotel Room Service,Enrique Iglesias I Like It song (feat. Pitbull), Give Me Everything (feat. Neyo, Afrojack, Nayer), and Hey Baby Drop It To the Floor (feat. T-Pain).

Spirit
Spirit
Price: $10.99

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars The Mystical and Political Side of Depeche Mode?March 17, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Spirit (MP3 Music)
It is important to keep an open mind when listening to Spirit by Depeche Mode because the music on this album is a different music quality from maybe some of the their love songs that they are known for (Personal Jesus, Just Can’t Get Enough, Strange Love, A Question of Lust, I Feel You, In Your Room, Only When I Lose Myself, Halo etc.). This album is more of a music energy that can be symbolized as their song Heaven (from their 2013 album release) meets Condemnation, Walking In My Shoes andor People Are People. I confess that I enjoy their relationship type songs the most from Spirit (Cover Me, So Much Love, and a machine remix version of So Much Love if you have an Amazon music subscription), yet I would keep an open mind to hearing some of their other songs andor watching music videos that may feature other songs on Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment