Sunday, March 5, 2017

Online Reviews From Amazon and Yelp March 5, 2017

Public Reviews Written by You RSS Feed 
Show:   
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
pixel
Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond
Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond
by Eben Alexander
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $19.99
38 used & new from $10.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Collection Regardless of Whether You Intend To Create Heaven on Earth for YourselfMarch 5, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I must preface this review by making it clear that I am creating this review as a resourceful amateur author/writer who is sharing this Seeking Heaven collection that I bought back in February 2015 from Amazon US. Additionally, at the time of the purchase I did not want to believe that I may have to reincarnate back on earth ever again even with having multiple blessings in my current life such as a loving husband, strong spiritual faith, my basic needs provided for etc. (due to my logic/intuitive awareness that I am always going to be judged in this current lifetime by how smart I’m perceived to be andor my physical attractiveness regardless if I want it this way or not). However, things have positively changed since Feb. 2015 in various areas of my life where I am more accepting of the possibility that I may have to reincarnate back on earth in a future lifetime. As a result, I listen to the three cd collection of Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys Into the Beyond by Eben Alexander M.D. with Karen Newell as a way to help me decompress and see/experience more through the eyes of my soul/spirit. The good on this cd collection; The sounds on the cd are very calming and there is a good transition at the end of some of the journeys while gently letting the listener know when to wake up. However, the caveat is that the well-intentioned talking throughout the cds could have also been channeled more to remind the listener how long the talks on each of the three cds may last before going in to the journeys involving the background music (in case a person may want to listen to three cds interchangeably before going to sleep more often). For instance, on future cds, cd one could include a talk on track one will be talk for five minutes discussing what the cd is about while the other two tracks will be at least 15 minutes long of the background music, and so forth for the other two cds or whatever number of cds a future collection contains (it doesn’t have to be exactly this way, yet I just wanted to give a gentle suggestion). Aside from that caveat the Seeking Heaven journeys are a worthwhile purchase.

Inferno
Inferno
DVD
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars More Novel Than I ExpectedMarch 5, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Inferno (Amazon Video)
I confess that I was indirectly influenced to check out the Inferno movie after seeing it recommended to me through an ad on my Amazon kindle less than three months ago. I was initially undecided about seeing the film yet the writer in me reasoned that taking a gamble on buying the film would at least give me some ideas/perspectives for my writing regardless of how the film turned out. I am glad that I went with this feeling because Inferno turned out to be much better than I expected. Some of the following reasons why I am glad that I took a risk in purchasing the Inferno film regardless if it ends up on Amazon Prime or not; Felicity Jones plays the character of Sienna Brooks, a woman who becomes pivotal to the growth of Tom Hanks Robert Langdon character via her actions through the dangerous situations they encounter. Within minutes of the film starting, I immediately also recognized her from the 2016 film Rogue One; A Star Wars Story and I noticed that the assertive spirit that she projected in the Star Wars film is definitely also shown in this film. Additionally, I have previously caught Tom Hanks in various films such as Catch Me If You Can, Saving Mr. Banks, and Captain Phillips. In each of those three films mentioned, Hanks had projected characters that think outside the box based on the situations that they were in. In Inferno, Tom Hanks was also given a character that had to successfully think outside the box at the expense of the lives of him and the Brooks character being in danger. I normally lean more towards heaven themed films when watching supernatural/spiritual films, yet seeing a film made more towards the dark side (there are references made to Dante’s Inferno, Dante’s death mask etc.) unexpectedly helped me understand as a writer the value of facing/dealing with the shadowy sides of life. For instance, both Tom Hanks and Felicity Jones are forced into roles where they are forced to recount to each other the grim/dangerous situations that they have faced as they find certain clues to a virus/plague that may hit. Then one of the characters is faced with a surprising plot point checkered by adversity that leads to a positive development in their personal life and professional life. I just wish that the ending had a less up in the air type of quality.

Dogma: Music from the Motion Picture
Dogma: Music from the Motion Picture
Offered by rock it man
Price: $19.88
56 used & new from $0.38

4.0 out of 5 stars You Might Like This Collection If You Enjoy The Dogma FilmMarch 5, 2017
This music collection of Dogma: Music From the Motion Picture soundtrack caught my interest due to me previously enjoying the Dogma film affiliated with this soundtrack. It is helpful to be open to have an eclectic taste in music because a multiple number of the songs are music scores. However, I did enjoy the Still song by Alanis Morissette on this collection.

The Magic Path of Intuition
The Magic Path of Intuition
Price: $8.69

5.0 out of 5 stars At FirstMarch 5, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This kindlebook of The Magic Path of Intuition by Florence Scovel Shinn and Louise Hay caught my attention due to my increased focus on strengthening/increasing my intuition. Additionally, I am fortunate to have purchased the Game of Life kindlebook for just 99 cents yet I wanted to look at intuition kindlebook as a primer before taking in the Game of Life kindlebook. Anyhow, in the Magic Path of Intuition, affirmations are provided for increasing your faith and accessing the power within yourself (I am also understanding as increasing your self-belief). I admit that her take on lining up your dreams in accordance with your divine plan helped remind me/helped me understand even further why sometimes things turning out differently than expected in certain situations can often yield greater blessings/good luck/good fortune. I admit that I respectfully disagree with the author’s take on why a person catches a cold because it could also sometimes be that the person needs to relax andor rest more and the body could just be sending the cold as a way to force the person to allow themselves to rest more guilt-free. However, I did like the author’s example about what one of the women she knew did when she wanted to recoup thirty thousand dollars. This kindlebook was a little different from what I expected in the area of intuition, yet this kindlebook helped lead me to some information that I was looking for on intuition.

Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative
Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative
Price: $5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative KindlebookMarch 5, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This kindlebook of Steal Like An Artist; 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon is a mentor type of guide in written form. However, despite the title, the author carefully explains the difference between what he means by the title in order to stay plagiarism-free. Good advice such as going to the library (fortunately there are multiple libraries in the area I reside), starting a logbook, choosing what to leave out, keeping your day job, keeping a praise file, the benefits and freedom in obscurity, and more are mentioned. Kleon also helpfully gives an explanation for why you want to encourage the writer in you to flourish/develop with little concern as to the outcome of your work andor how you are publicly judged (in his validation is for parking section). From my perspective, this kindlebook is also extremely helpful because sometimes there is going to be other people with the same first name as you andor interests who also write online. However, the way you gather ideas, what you like and dislike, your personality/temperament, how you glean inspiration as a writer etc. is going to differ from even another person who shares your first name, has similar interests etc. A kindlebook such as Steal Like An Artist; 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon comes in to fill the need for resource inspiration ideas.

C'mon (Catch 'Em by Surprise) [feat. Busta Rhymes]
C'mon (Catch 'Em by Surprise) [feat. Busta Rhymes]
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique Club TuneMarch 5, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I admit that I discovered this dazzling music collaboration of C’mon (Catch ‘Em by Surprise) by Tiesto vs. Diplo feat. Busta Rhymes online as a recommended video to me through youtube. I decided to take a chance on this song of Tiesto and Diplo collaborating with musician Busta Rhymes due to enjoying and being previously familiar with some of Tiesto’s other music collections/songs (A Town Called Paradise, Club Life Vol. 4 New York City, In Search of Sunrise 5 Los Angeles, 643 Love’s On Fire Song feat. Suzanne Palmer) and previously enjoying the Be Right There song by Diplo & Sleepy Tom in 2015 (I believe is a music nod to Don’t Walk Away by Jade). Anyhow, the high energy beat and the strong vocals by Busta Rhymes ,with the music of Tiesto and Diplo, make it a catchy dance/trance tune that seems to be an amusing song about showing others that you are more than you may appear through ways that are unexpected.

Yelp

College Park Diner
9206 Baltimore Ave
College Park, MD 20740
My husband and I stopped by College Park Diner in College Park Maryland just yesterday.  My husband chose the sweet tea with country fried steak eggs and enjoyed his meal. I selected a sprite drink with a large omelet that had various toppings such as cheddar cheese, bacon, eggs, various other toppings etc. with home fries, toast, and some jelly. My order came pretty quick (around 11 minutes) and still came out tasty and my husband's order came out shortly after. The meal was affordable as I only paid $25.55 after taxes for both of the meals of my husband and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment