Tuesday, May 16, 2017

218 Yelp Reviews From My online profile Stella "luckywoman2078" C. from October 20, 2011 to April 23, 2017 initiated on Tuesday May 16 2017 page four 4 by Stella Carrier

  • Giant
    3521 East West Hwy
    Hyattsville, MD 20782
    4.0 star rating
    5/14/2016   Updated review
    I admit that I have been going to this Hyattsville Maryland Giant grocery store since the summer of 2010 and partially the reason is because I'm able to easily stretch my grocery budget here and the employees calmly help whenever there is an issue with the self-checkout scanner. On my most recent visit I bought among the following items; jumbo eggs, breakfast sausages, Sargento Baby Swiss cheese, Sargento Tomato Basil Jack Cheese, Kellogs Smores Pop Tarts,Swiss Miss milk chocolate hot cocoa, Giant brand 4 cheese Mexican blend, Musselman's Honey Cinnamon Apple Sauce,Nestle Coffee Mate Chocolate Toffee Truffle coffee creamer (new flavor), bananas etc.
    4.0 star rating
    12/30/2015  Previous review
    My husband and I live closest to the University of Maryland College Park metro stations and the… Read more
    4.0 star rating
    10/28/2012  Previous review
    I admit to shopping for groceries at this place due to it being one of the few grocery stores close… Read more
  • Safeway
    $$  Grocery
    3702 E W Hwy
    Hyattsville, MD 20782
    5.0 star rating
    5/14/2016   Updated review
    My most recent visit to this Hyattsville, Maryland Safeway was a good visit and the cashier had a pleasant personality. I'm content to say that I was able to buy these items at a reasonable price;an 8 pack of Canada Dry ginger ale, a 128 ounce Ice River Springs Purified Water,Country Time Black Cherry Lemonade 18.3 ounce canister mix, and a 20 ounce canister of Orange Tang drink mix,
    5.0 star rating
    4/17/2016  Previous review
    My most recent trip to this Hyattsville Maryland Safeway (close to the Prince George's Plaza mall… Read more
  • Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
    1000 Constitution Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20004
    5.0 star rating
    4/30/2016
    I decided to stop by this Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History this past Thursday afternoon entering into the evening despite what was a busy time of many other people also visiting the museum. There is so much that I saw in the short time that I was there but I intend to come back in the future because there is more in this museum that I want to see. Among some of the exhibits/displays that I had the chance to pass in the museum; Butterflies & Plants Display on the second floor such as info and images of the Monarch Butterfly, the Dead Leaf Butterfly, Plain Tiger Butterfly, The Zebra butterfly, Eternal Life In Ancient Egypt display featuring displays such as the Facing The Afterlife Exhibit, Woman's Coffin or Mummy Mask 1190-1075 B.C., Fayum Portrait 50-200 A.D. listed to have been painted in a Greek Portrait Style  from the Fayum agricultural region where a mixed Egyptian and Greek population lived for about four centuries, Anubis statue from 664-30 B.C., Preparing For Eternity Exhibit such as the Thoth amulets 1450-940 B.C. and Horus amulets 664-525 B.C., Geology, Gems & Mineral Display, Janet Annenberg Hall of Geology, Gems & Minerals, Ancient Stardust display, the last American Dinosaurs exhibit, a Primoridal Landscape Iceland revealed exhibit featuring the Basalt Column landscape of Mt. Reynisfjall in southern Iceland, display columns listing the Basalt Columns of Asbach Germany, a Birds of D.C. Display featuring such birds as the Song Sparrow, the Red Crossbill, the Scarlett Tanager, the Indigo Bunting, Lincoln's Sparrow, American Goldfinch, Bachman's Sparrow, Virginia Rail, Bonaparte's Gull, Laughing Gull, King Rail, Gray catbird, American Crow, Eastern Bluebird, Northern Mockingbird, Golden Crowned Kingslet, Ruby Crowned kinglet and many more displays and featuring inside of the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.
  • America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
    1100 Connecticut Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20036
    4.0 star rating
    4/30/2016   Updated review
    This past Thursday afternoon, I stopped by this location of America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (near the Farragut North metro in Washington D.C.) after finding out on this past Wednesday (April 27th) that both pairs of the glasses I picked out the previous Wednesday (April 20th) were ready. I eagerly came in on Thursday to pick them up because it had been since 2014 since I last had eyeglasses (I would rather not explain why because I know that it was my own doing for why this was so). Anyhow, fortunately for me, the same cordial employee who helped me with my budget concerns the previous week in helping me to select glasses for my prescription and budget was also there to hand me my two pairs of glasses. I had picked out and received  a pair of red eyeglasses and a pair of black eyeglasses. Both sets of eyeglasses fit me perfectly and it was great to be able to easily see certain images from afar more easily. Additionally, I'm glad that the employee took the time to confirm with me that the place that I'm thinking about living long-term also has an America's Best. This is important to me because I'm happy with both the glasses and the impeccable customer service I received especially with the fact that I paid for the two pairs of glasses out of pocket. I admit that I personally paid $109.95 for both my eye exam and my basic prescription for two eyeglasses because the employee courteously worked with my budget out of compassionate concern of my need to obtain glasses as soon as possible with the option for me to upgrade later on. However, what I now know is to set aside at least around 150 dollars for more options and eyeglass choices. Still, I consider America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses to be a bargain for the short timeframe I waited to receive the glasses and for the price I paid to get two pairs. I obviously plan to return to an America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses location in the future even if I was to relocate.
    4.0 star rating
    4/23/2016  Previous review
    I was well overdue for both an eye exam appointment and eyeglasses when I came to America's Best…Read more
  • Giant
    1345 Park Rd NW
    Washington, DC 20010
    4.0 star rating
    4/30/2016   Updated review
    Less than 30 hours ago (Thursday night),I decided to stop by this Giant Grocery store (near the Columbia Heights metro in Washington D.C.) on my way home to get some essentials and I admit some wants during my grocery shopping. I prefer to avoid listing everything that I got from this shopping trip but some of the things I feel fine with sharing that I received; 99 cent 4 roll toilet paper Guaranteed Value Brand, 2 packages of beef hot dogs Oscar Meyer Angus Bun Length Smoked Uncured Angus Beef Franks, a pack of 20 fajita flour tortillas Guerrero brand good until at least May 29 2016, Fat Free Honey Cinnamon Apple Sauce Musselman's brand, some bananas,and other items. I chose to utilize the self-checkout to purchase my items and I wanted to put back some items after realizing that I unintentionally thought they were a different price/sale price than what the register listed. Fortunately, the employee manning the cash register cheerfully and quickly took off the items for me even though I had to ask for their help twice during different time intervals of me scanning the items during the checkout (as well it being the time of multiple other customers utilizing the self-checkout lanes as well).
    4.0 star rating
    2/1/2016  Previous review
    Less than a week ago, I went to this Giant Food grocery store (in the Columbia Heights neighborhood…Read more
  • &pizza
    1375 Kenyon St NW
    Washington, DC 20010
    5.0 star rating
    4/30/2016
    Less than 30 hours ago (Thursday evening) I was figuring out where I was going to eat before going Grocery shopping and decided to take a chance on this &Pizza Place near the  Columbia Heights metro in Washington D.C. after seeing an advertisement for it at the metro.  I was pleasantly surprised to notice that one of the employees came up to me right when I walked in to see if it was my first time eating there and patiently explaining to me how their ordering and selection process worked. The cashier at the register was also equally friendly and helpfully pointed out that I had the option to either go with one of the pizza selections or do half and half.  I decided to go with the savory tasting Gnarlic pizza which comes with roasted garlic puree, ricotta spread, fresh mozzarella, Quattro formaggi blend, garlic oil, black pepper, basil leaves, and salami. Their drink choices were unique as well and I chose to have a exquisite blend of Burdock and Anise rootbeer, Pear Fig Elixir, and Black Cherry Cola and a Ginger Berry lemonade. The other positive, I felt that the pizza was affordable, delicious, and served in a generous amount for what I paid ( I paid $11.36 for this tasty pizza and ambrosial drink which is important because I'm fortunate to have a caring husband who is supportive of me eating out at times during the month when I go out but it is still important for me to still watch the financial budget).
  • Little Caesars Pizza
    $  Pizza
    1137-A University Blvd E
    Takoma Park, MD 20912
    4.0 star rating
    4/30/2016
    Less than 7 days ago, I stopped by this Takoma Park Maryland location of Little Caesar's for what was listed to be a limited time deal of the Little Caesar's Stuffed Crust Deep Deep Dish Pizza with pepperoni on the topping and mozzarella cheese baked into the crust. My order was served quickly by a polite cashier and much to my surprise both my husband and I found the pizza to actually taste good (especially the crisp and quality taste of the crust). The pizza was $10.60 after taxes and fed my husband and I for two days.
  • Shake Shack
    1216 18th St NW
    Washington, DC 20036
    4.0 star rating
    4/23/2016
    My first visit ever to this Shake Shack location (near the Farragut North metro) was around 2011 and since then I have also ate at the Shake Shake locations near the Galleryplace/Chinatown metro (around 2013), and the one in Union station (most recent visit in 2015). Anyhow, I ate at this Shake Shack location near the Farragut North metro this past Wednesday because I wanted to get some lunch before heading to my eye appointment that was at 12:30 p.m. The workers handling my order were good-natured and quickly gave me my tasty order of what was cheese fries with the shack stack-which comes with a delicious cheeseburger and a fried portabella mushroom stuffed with melted muenster and cheddar cheeses. The sit-down area that they allow to eat for lunch/dinner has ample spacing.
  • Smoothie King
    7403 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    4.0 star rating
    4/23/2016
    I recently stopped by this Smoothie King location in College Park Maryland to get a strawberry lemon blueberry smoothie-this past Wednesday- which came out both nourishing and delectable. Fortunately, the smoothie I ordered was served to me fast and was at an affordable price for the amount of smoothie I got. Additionally, I'm glad that the cashier spoke to me in a way that made me feel as if my request for the smoothie to be made a certain way did matter.
  • Library of Congress
    101 Independence Ave SE
    Washington, DC 20540
    5.0 star rating
    4/17/2016
    My most recent visit to the Library of Congress was on Wednesday April 6, 2016.I'm a little familiar with the Library of Congress because I had to come here for a project that I was covering for a Women's history course back in 2012. The following were some of the displays and/or features in the Jefferson building of the Library of Congress: Veteran's History Project displays, the second floor which has rooms such as the European Reading Room and the Rare Book Reading Room, a map on the second floor showing the layout of the Jefferson building of the Library of Congress showing the map locations of the Folger Shakespeare Library, Supreme Court Building, the National Mall etc.  As per a Library of Congress employee I spoke to, reading materials within the Library of Congress can be accessed by both patrons from around the globe (outside the U.S.) as well as people within the United States but photo identification is obviously necessary.
  • Firehook Bakery
    912 17th St NW
    Washington, DC 20006
    2.0 star rating
    6/12/2016
    On my recent visit to this Firehook Bakery (near the Farragut North and the Farragut West metro stations) I requested a blueberry and cream cheese Danish. The pros; the workers I dealt with were polite. However, I received an Apricot Danish that was a little too sticky and I did not finish eating due to the apricot tasting more like it came out of the freezer to defrost and then be served or an apricot that was canned but not cooked long enough. I admit that, in the workers defense, I did not check to make sure that I received the correct Danish until the next day after I already purchased the item. Plus I may have unintentionally influenced one of the workers to accidently give me the wrong Danish when I inquired about their sign indicating they are hiring and they were only trying to help me when they got one of the managers/supervisors to diplomatically answer my query. I'm sure they probably would have gave me the correct Danish if I would have checked right away after receiving it before walking out the door or even within a few seconds of me walking out the door (if I would have checked right away which I did not). If I ever return to the Firehook Bakery I would make sure to check that I received the correct Danish right away.
  • Burger Tap & Shake
    4445 Wisconsin Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20016
    4.0 star rating
    6/5/2016
    I must make it clear that I'm an amateur writer who is not trying to undermine paid writers but I'm only disclosing that I share some of the places I enjoy for free as a writing passion (though I have taken it as a compliment when I have been confused for a paid writer before). During my recent stop at Burger, Tap, & Shake near the Tenleytown Washington DC metro stop, I ate a delicious Big Daddy Burger with bacon, blue cheese, mushrooms, and ap sauce. I was able to get a fountain drink with my order and my burger was served to me pretty quickly.
  • District Taco
    $  Mexican
    1309 F St NW
    Washington, DC 20004
    5.0 star rating
    6/5/2016
    Less than four weeks ago, I ate at the District Taco with at least three other people that I did a legal job with. I came during a pretty busy time yet the cashier taking my order was courteous and gave my quesadilla and drink order to me pretty quickly. The quesadilla tasted great and I made use some of the toppings that they had available at what looked like their topping bar (cilantro, limes, pico de gallo etc.).
  • Earl's Sandwiches
    4215 N Fairfax Dr
    Arlington, VA 22203
    4.0 star rating
    6/5/2016
    Around less than 12 days ago, I stopped by Earl's Sandwiches (near the Ballston metro in Arlington Virginia) to grab a bite to eat and got the Clarendon breakfast sandwich which comes with scrambled eggs, steak, grilled onions, peppers, provolone, and cheddar cheese The person taking my order was professional and served my order to me pretty fast.
    Stephen D.
    Comment from Stephen D. of Earl's Sandwiches 
    Business Owner
    7/30/2016  Thanks for coming in, Stella, and for writing this review. You've discovered our secret: Breakfast… Read more
  • Tivoli Gourmet-Deli
    901 N Stuart St
    Arlington, VA 22203
    4.0 star rating
    6/5/2016
    Less than 12 days ago, I obtained an Italian tiramisu cake like treats for my husband and I at this Tivoli Gourmet-Deli near the Ballston metro in Arlington Virginia. The price was pretty reasonable and tasted satisfactory for my husband and I. I also liked that the workers were polite and wrapped my order in a quality box.
  • Shake Shack
    1100 S Hayes St
    Arlington, VA 22202
    5.0 star rating
    6/5/2016
    Less than 7 days ago, I just happened to find out that this Shake Shack opened near the Pentagon City Mall metro (in Arlington Virginia)after seeing it featured in the mall directory. I admit that I got my usual order that I have ordered from other locations (near Farragut Metro, the Chinatown stop, the Union Station stop) which was the Shackstack burger and the cheese fries except this time I got a strawberry lemonade drink. The food came to me rapidly and still tasted just as good as the other locations. The only catch is that this location does not yet have the ample seating that the Shake Stack near the Farragut North metro has.
  • Dunkin' Donuts
    2057 University Blvd E
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    4.0 star rating
    6/5/2016
    My husband and I sometimes come to this Hyattsville, Maryland Dunkin Donuts close to our apartment due to both the friendly service and getting the items pretty quickly. On my most recent visit I got a pint deal that allowed me to get coconut flavored icecream and pistachio flavored icecream. The person handling the order was easy to deal with because she was friendly and spoke to us as if three neighbors were talking to each other.
  • Tysons Corner Metro Station
    1943 Chain Bridge Rd
    McLean, VA 22102
    5.0 star rating
    5/14/2016
    My most recent visit to the Tyson's Corner Metro Station was with my husband today. We utilized this metro station to get to the Tyson's Corner Center shopping mall which is adjacent-super close to the Tyson's Corner metro station. The Tyson's Corner metro station is easy to get through and even the trains leaving the station arrive on time. My husband was also able to easily make use of the machines to add fare on to both of our metro cards.
  • California Pizza Kitchen
    7939 Tysons Corner Ctr
    McLean, VA 22102
    4.0 star rating
    5/14/2016
    It was an easy decision for my husband and I to mutually agree to eat at the California Pizza kitchen restaurant  inside of the Tyson's Corner Center shopping mall less than 11 hours ago due to having previously at eat and enjoying the California Pizza kitchen restaurant at the following places; Pentagon City Mall, when we were living in Orlando Florida, and when we were living in Norfolk Virginia during the 2008-2009 period (the California Pizza Kitchen restaurant situated inside the MacArthur Center Shopping Mall). Anyhow, the server to us was courteous and served our food in a rapid time manner. Both my husband and I found our food to be delectable and we had among the following food and drinks; Asparagus and Spinach pasta with salmon,tea, wild mushroom pizza with 2 sunny side eggs and truffle oil (the toppings were shaved cremini, shitake, Portobello and white mushrooms,slivered scallions, cracked black pepper, romano, mozzarella, parmesan, we also had Mediterranean tortilla spring rolls (ingredients were cremini mushrooms, eggplant,sun dried tomatoes, carmelized onions, mozzarella, parmesan marinara sauce) and Thai chicken tortilla spring rolls (peanut sauce, bean sprouts,scallions, carrots, fresh cilantro,mozzarella, thai peanut sauce). My husband treated us to this meal.
  • Cold Stone Creamery
    7852 Tysons Corner Ctr
    McLean, VA 22102
    3.0 star rating
    5/14/2016
    Both my husband and I enjoyed our ice cream and were served by a friendly  employee at this Coldstone Creamery inside of the food court of the Tyson's Corner Center shopping mall. My husband got a small size (called I love it) mixture of mint ice cream, brownies, and chocolate chips. Meanwhile I got an I like it size of cheesecake icecream, graham cracker crust, strawberries, etc with a waffle cone.

  • National Gallery of Art
    6th St & Constitution Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20001
    5.0 star rating
    6/13/2016
    My most recent visit to the National Gallery of Art (near the Smithsonian metro) was an enriching experience to where I would obviously come back in the future. I would say to allow oneself at least two hours to thoroughly take in and see what is in the National Gallery of Art museum. Some of the following images that I have seen on my last visit which do not begin to cover all of the portraits/art depictions in the National Gallery of Art; American Masterpieces Furniture section which includes  three part dining table-location Newport- attributed to John Townsend, Clothes Press Charleston South Carolina, Portrait of Mary Barry dated 1803/1805 listed to be a gift of Jean McGinley, portrait of George Washington dated 1795 by Vaughan Sinclair, Between Dimensions dated 1950 by Sylvia Wald, Woman Bathing by Mary Cassatt 1890-1891, The Meeting of Abraham and Melchizedek,  Judgement of Midas by Studio of Sir Peter Paul Rubens, Battle Scene by Phillips Wouwerman,  An Architectural Fantasy by Jan Van Der Heyden, The Dancing Couple by Jan Steen, Still Life With Fruit, Fish, And a Nest by Abraham Mignon, Madonna of the Goldfinch by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, Queen Zenobia Addressing Her Soldiers by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, Apollo Pursuing Daphne by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, The Veil of Veronica by Domencio Fetti,Saint Roch Carried To Heaven by Angels by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, Cupid With The Wheel of Fortune by Titian, Saint Cecilia And An Angel, Saint Jerome and the Angel by Simon Vouet, The Ecstasy of the Magdalen by Guillo Cesare Procaccini, The Judgement of Paris by Giovanni Songs, The Madonna of the Stars by Jacopo Tintoretto, Procris and the Unicorn from the Samuel H. Kress Collection, and much more.
  • 5.0 star rating
    6/13/2016
    I saw so much in the National Building Museum (near the Judiciary Square metro in downtown Washington D.C.) that I plan to go back in the future to catch more of the sights. I paid the admission of ten dollars and the employees I interacted with were nice to me. Some of the following exhibits inside of the National Building Museum; House & Home Exhibit that exhibited a habitat for humanity housing project for musicians in New Orleans Lousiana, a commune living arrangement info in California, the dollhouse exhibit, home depot display, and much more.
  • Carlyle
    4000 Campbell Ave
    Arlington, VA 22206
    5.0 star rating
    6/12/2016
    I admit that recently spotted Carlyle Restaurant (near the Pentagon Metro) unintentionally the same day that I was in this area for a job interview. The waiter was very cordial and served both my food and refills of my sweet tea in a timely manner. The ambrosial dish that I ordered was pecan crusted trout with lemon caper butter and a tasty cauliflower mash (that was in a similar smooth consistency as mashed potatoes). I felt energized after eating the meal.
  • Best Buns Bread Company
    $  Bakeries
    4010 Campbell Ave
    Arlington, VA 22206
    4.0 star rating
    6/12/2016
    My recent visit to Best Buns Bread Company (near the Pentagon metro) was a positive one. I had an appetizing fruit Danish with a 16 ounces bottle of Nantucket Nectar Peach Orange Drink. My order came in a reasonable timeframe from when I requested the items.
  • Shell
    2817 S Quincy St
    Arlington, VA 22206
    4.0 star rating
    6/12/2016
    On my recent visit to this Shirlington Shell gas station I decided to get a couple of drinks. One of the drinks was a 20 ounce Canada Dry Ginger ale drink and the second drink was a deer park water. The cashier was quick and scanned my items while maintaining a friendly/approachable vibe.
  • 5.0 star rating
    6/12/2016
    I recently got a gyro with cucumber sauce at this DC Doner food truck (when it was parked near the Lenfant Plaza metro). The food was pretty affordable and the worker handling my food was easygoing. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the ample amount of gyro meat that I got on my gyro sandwich for the affordable price I paid for the food. My drink of choice to go with this gyro was a can of Canada Dry Ginger ale soda.
  • CVS/pharmacy
    $$  Drugstores
    7300 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    4.0 star rating
    6/12/2016   Updated review
    I must make it clear that I'm an amateur reviewer who is not trying to undermine paid writers/paid reviewers but enjoys writing as a way to keep myself idle-free and I have considered it a compliment in the past when I have been confused for paid writers/reviewers. With that said, I recently purchased the cleaning supplies recently from CVS when I saw that some of the items were on sale and these supplies were actually needs more than wants. My purchases from my most recent CVS shopping trip for cleaning supplies; 4 Renuzit gel air fresheners for four dollars, 4 qty of 8 ounce can of glade sprays for four dollars, 2 qty of 9 ounces Dawn Ultra Pomegranate Splash Scent dish soap, 80 qty Bounce Fresh Linen fabric softener sheets, 2 qty of 20 ounces Lysol Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner Sparkling Lemon & Sunflower Essence, 14 count of Tide pods for $4.94, and Xtra brand laundry detergent liquid soap  tropical passion scent 51 ounces for $1.49. The overall total for the 16 items purchased from the cleaning supplies receipt was $32.86. I had also got 2 qty of 20 ounce bottles of  Dasani water for $3.00 on a separate CVS receipt.
    4.0 star rating
    12/26/2015  Previous review
    My husband and I went to this CVS in College Park Maryland just yesterday for a few items such as… Read more
    4.0 star rating
    11/21/2015  Previous review
    I admit that my husband And I have been going to this College Park, Maryland CVs pharmacy from time…Read more
  • Roti Modern Mediterranean
    955 L'Enfant Plz SW
    Washington, DC 20024
    4.0 star rating
    6/12/2016
    I decided to try the Roti Mediterranean Grill near the Lenfant Plaza metro due to having previously eaten at and enjoying the Roti Mediterranean Grill restaurants near the GWU/Foggy Bottom metros, the Union Station metro, and one near the New York Avenue Metro. At the Lenfant Plaza location of Roti Mediterranean Grill I chose the salmon and sides option with cucumber like-tzatziki sauce (I got some of the sides such as the rice, tomato and cucumber mixture, feta cheese, Kalamata olives etc.  I chose a fountain drink and both the drink and the food came out tasting good. The workers were friendly and one of the cooks made sure that the salmon came out cooked in quality form as it was served to me freshly cooked.
  • Value Village
    2277 University Blvd E
    Adelphi, MD 20783
    4.0 star rating
    6/12/2016   Updated review
    Recent circumstances have necessitated the need for me to purchase my clothes through this Value Village thrift store near my apartment whenever I want to get a few clothes.  During the last couple of weeks I purchased some clothes on Thursdays when they have their extreme discounts. This past Thursday I purchased a red velvet like material (short sleeved) dress and a turquoise dress with a short sleeved jacket for just 14 dollars and twenty nine cents after taxes. The cashier handling my order was courteous and my wait to get the clothes checked out was very brief/quick.
    4.0 star rating
    3/5/2016  Previous review
    I recently went to the Value Village thriftstore to purchase an outfit for a job interview.  I was… Read more
  • Sculpture Garden Pavilion Cafe
    $$  CafesSandwiches
    101-199 9th St NW
    Washington, DC 20004
    4.0 star rating
    6/12/2016
    I admit that I recently indulged in a strawberry tart and a trifle mixture with rootbeer soda when I stopped by the Sculpture Garden Pavilion Café (near the Sculpture Garden that is affiliated with the National Gallery of Art). The workers I interacted with at the Pavilion Café were easy-going and my wait for both paying and getting the items was brief.
    • Amtrak
      2955 Market St
      Philadelphia, PA 19104
      4.0 star rating
      7/8/2016
      My husband and I accessed the Amtrak Philadelphia Station on the morning of Friday July 1, 2016 and the evening of Monday July 4th 2016 as a transfer station point on the way of him visiting his mother (my mother in law) in Williamsport Pennsylvania. Going to there the transfer had to be made in 10 minutes. However, going back to the Washington D.C. area on July 4th our time in the Philadelphia Amtrak station was longer because there was over an hour layover before we headed back to catch the Washington D.C. Union station Amtrak. This Amtrak has a foodcourt (Au Bon Pain, Auntie Anne's etc.) and a magazine/bookstore area which still gives options yet the only caveat is that a person coming from the Amtrak Union station in Washington D.C. will notice that the place is slightly smaller. The Auntie Anne's inside the foodcourt of the Philadelphia Amtrak station was of good quality. I had an almond pretzel with some caramel sauce and lemonade while my husband got some of their pretzel hotdogs. One of the employees even went out of their way to come to the nearby table I was sitting at to politely ask me a question about my order. There was a slight delay of the Amtrak on July 4th at this Amtrak station yet I understand that it probably more had to do with the evening timeframe that my husband and I were heading back to the Washington D.C. area especially because the line of people waiting to leave out of the Philadelphia Amtrak the same timeframe and train as my husband and I consisted of many people. My husband even talked to someone who was scheduled to do some work with the Smithsonian. The seating in the Amtrak station is ok and the only caveat is that there was obviously only a very short time to get downstairs to reach the train once it did arrive after the slight approximately ten minute delay (give or take a few minutes).
    • Wegmans
      201 William St
      Williamsport, PA 17701
      5.0 star rating
      7/8/2016
      My mother in law took me to this Wegman's Food Pharmacy store because I admitted to both her and my husband that this was one of my favorite grocery stores from the last time my husband and I visited her.  This Wegman's Food Pharmacy store is nicely laid out with a variety of grocery items in the store and the checkout service was pretty quick. I confess and I'm glad to say that my mother in law bought the following items for us that helped hold my husband and I over for a few hours on our trip back to the Washington D.C. area; bottles of water, smoked mozzarella,bacon & chive cheese spread, baguette bread slices, cherries
    • Weis Markets
      305 River Ave
      Williamsport, PA 17701
      5.0 star rating
      7/8/2016
      • First to Review
      I am happy to admit that I found out about the Weis Markets grocery store in Williamsport Pennsylvania because my mother in law went grocery shopping here and got my husband and I some treats to eat (during one of days that my husband and I came to visit her this past weekend). The store has a welcoming feel and has a variety of food and drink items within the store. The Weis Markets grocery store reminds me a little like the Shopper's Grocery store in College Park Maryland (yet I understand that each grocery store has its own culture and food product layout). Among some of the items that my mother in law purchased for my husband and I during the trip; Smores flavored hanover pretzels, Friendly's icecream (I chose a miniature sized brownie cake type flavor), Kraft marshmallows to make for smores,five Snapple drinks consisting of flavors such as lemon tea, peach tea, kiwi strawberry, some cherries, onions,corn on the cob,
    • Sardis Pollo A La Brasa
      1159 University Blvd E
      Langley Park, MD 20912
      4.0 star rating
      7/8/2016   Updated review
      My husband and I originally ate at the Sardis Pollo A La Brasa in May 2015 and had a positive experience from eating there. Naturally, my husband and I mutually agreed to try food from this place again through the online grubhub delivery service in our area. The pros; Our food came within their calculated timeframe and both my husband and I liked our food; my husband chose the world famous souvlaki that comes with skewered chicken, greek salad, rice, pita bread and tzatziki sauce. I chose and shared with my husband the ultimate mixed grill that comes with chorizo sausage, shrimp, and carne asada steak. Additionally, the sauces that come with the food liven the order up; spicy vinagretta, salsa roja, salsa amarilla, and salsa verde (I enjoy the salsa verde sauce out of all the sauces from this restaurant). The sides I choose were French Yucca and their vegetable of the day, which brings me to the one caveat. I should have called the restaurant ahead of time to find out what the vegetable of the day was because the vegetable of the day was simply a corn, carrot, and green bean medley that could be found in the canned food section of the grocery aisle or frozen vegetables in the frozen food section. Aside from that caveat, the rest of the food came out fine and I'm happy to share that my husband was the one who paid for this food.
      5.0 star rating
      5/28/2015  Previous review
      Sardis Pollo a la Brasa was one of the places where I convinced my husband to give it a try. I had… Read more
    • Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza
      7419 Baltimore Ave
      College Park, MD 20740
      5.0 star rating
      7/8/2016   Updated review
      My husband and I keep coming back to this Blaze fried Pizza location in College Park Maryland from time to time because we get an abundant amount of delicious pizza at a reasonable price. However, because of it's tastiness it is too easy to eat the whole pizza if you are not careful (however I at just part of my pizza during the last visit and saved the other half for the next day in one of their to go boxes). We both liked our food and had our orders processed by friendly workers. My husband chose the meat lovers pizza (pepperoni, meatballs, red onion, mozzarella, red sauce)while I chose the Veg out pizza (zucchini, mushrooms, red onion, mozzarella, gorgonzola, red sauce). The drinks are also of a decent variety (lemonade, blood orange).  My husband paid for this order on our recent visit which came out to 23 dollars and 74 cents.
      5.0 star rating
      3/11/2016  Previous review
      This week was the most recent trip to Blasé Fast- Fire'd Pizza (in College Park, Maryland)for my… Read more
      5.0 star rating
      1/23/2015  Previous review
      My husband and I returned to Blaze Pizza recently for our 11th wedding anniversary that was this… Read more
      5.0 star rating
      1/7/2015  Previous review
      We decided to eat at Blaze Pizza in College Park, Maryland this past Thursday (January 1, 2015)… Read more
    • Big Lots - Greenbelt
      6252 Greenbelt Rd
      Greenbelt, MD 20770
      4.0 star rating
      6/28/2016
      This past Saturday my husband and I were inside the Beltway Plaza mall inside Greenbelt Maryland and my husband wanted to check out the Big Lots store that was inside the mall (it looks in the same family of the shopping tree with cleaning supplies, some food drinks, and snacks along with some home furnishings). The cashier that processed the items that my husband purchased was polite and scanned among the following items; Beer Creek cheddar broccoli soup, Pureleaf extra sweet tea, Libby brand of chunk pineapple pieces, Royal brand of a can of pear halves, and 2 qty of 20 ounces each of the Aquafina water bottles.
    • Mega Mart
      $  Grocery
      2400 University Blvd E
      Hyattsville, MD 20783
      4.0 star rating
      6/28/2016
      My most recent trip to the Mega Farmers Market in Hyattsville Maryland was this past Sunday because my husband and I truly needed some groceries. I placed my bookbag with the security guard up front before shopping due to security reasons. The items from my most recent trip were boneless chicken, pork loin steak, fresh broccoli, some cheetos, some milk, vanilla icecream, 20 ounce container of Kraft parmesan cheese, and some chicken. Additionally, I know that I intend to be more careful with my wallet from now on especially when shopping because I unintentionally misplaced it. I noticed my wallet missing when I started to put my food on the conveyor belt but fortunately before it was my turn in line. Fortunately, a good person found my wallet for me and turned it in to the security guard shortly after I reported it missing and I went out of line to go look for my wallet (I understand that I'm pretty lucky/fortunate for that to have happened). The cashier was friendly and quick with scanning my order and my wait in line was pretty brief. My husband paid for the food of this shopping trip via me using his card.
    • Newseum
      555 Pennsylvania Ave NW
      Washington, DC 20001
      5.0 star rating
      6/21/2016
      Fortunately, I had a chance to see the Newseum for part of last Friday and part of Saturday. I paid the fee of $22.95 which was well worth it because of the amount of sights I was able to see inside the Newseum, which could take up its own blog post. However, the following is a sampler of some of the items that I'm glad to have seen and influences why I would visit again in the future; a list of different papers on the sixth floor that are available across the United States and Globally such as The Globe and Mail Weekend (Canada), Politiken (Denmark), Bild (Germany),Liberation (France), Morgunbladid, Lastampa (Italy), Irish Examiner, The Japan Times, The Guardian (United Kingdom), The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Virginian Pilot, The Sacramento Bee (California), The Star Advertiser (Hawaii), and more magazines. Level 5 of the Robert H and Clarice Smith Founding Partners Big Screen Theater. There is also a World Press Freedom section that features info on Norway  transitioning to digital radio by 2017 as well as their radiobilene feature as well as the completely opposite spectrum of freedom were it is listed that foreign media is currently banned in North Korea and North Korean citizens who access foreign media risk up the maximum punishment of execution. Additionally, there were dramatic features of the reporter section of sensitive but historical stories of a staged civil war photo and the dramatic feature of the late freelance photographer of Kevin Carter who shot important footage of the 1193 famine crisis in Sudan with discussion from journalism professor Maurine Beaseley and Pulitzer Prize winning photographer Ken Geiger and much more.
    • 5.0 star rating
      6/21/2016
      I recently traveled through the Braddock Road Metro Station (in Alexandria Virginia) this past Saturday because I needed to access Dash Bus 5 (headed to the Eisenhower metro station) for a job fair/job interview. The people I interacted with through both the Braddock Road metro station and the Dash bus 5 were polite to me. Additionally, the Braddock Road metro station is extremely clean and the train I chose to catch heading back to the Archives (after my job interview) came in a timely manner. I admit that I had to doublecheck and ask some information because it had been the first time that I had been through that metro station coming from Hyattsville, Maryland (where I currently live). This metro station is well organized and the buses are extremely easy to find when one gets off the metro trains. I'm grateful to say that my trip through both the Braddock Road metro station and Dash Bus 5 paid off this past Saturday as I not only got interviewed but I was also hired and start around mid to late July.
    • California Tortilla
      301 Swamp Fox Rd
      Alexandria, VA 22314
      5.0 star rating
      6/21/2016
      I must preface that I'm an amateur writer who is disclosing that I'm writing not to undermine paid writers/reviewers but to make it clear that my writing comes from not just my passion for writing but to work towards improving my  writing and communication skills (both online and offline). Anyhow, I recently stopped by this California Tortilla location in  Alexandria Virginia (near the Eisenhower metro) this past Friday after attending a job fair that was held in this area. The employees that handled my order were hospitable to me and served my food to me very quickly. I ordered a steak special dilla that came out flavorful with a fountain drink with sour cream and a pico de gallo mixture (that also has tomatoes, onion, cilantro mixture).  I also like that this California  Tortilla allows the option of a customer to try different sauces complementary to their order through the display of the sauces available through the various jars.  I chose a ginger peach sauce that paired well with my special dilla yet there was also some type of California smoky chipotle type of sauce that was already on the table that I sat at that also tasted good with parts of the special dilla that I also tried with the sauce. I just wish that there was a similar California Tortilla restaurant near where my husband and I currently live.

No comments:

Post a Comment