Monday, May 1, 2017

Amazon Online Reviews during my time affiliated with the Navy living in Norfolk Virginia from June 15, 2008 Until January 2009

To all who are curious why I decided to share my amazon online reviews from June 15, 2008 until the period of January, 2009. I was still in the navy this time (stationed on the USS Eisenhower part of 2008 and part of early 2009 and I was living in Norfolk Virginia with my husband Rusty Ridler during this time)and much of what I shared online was an extremely strong connection between my hidden dreams and personality. What I am sharing now and part of what I intend to share later on today in connection to this period is something I trust is going to intuitively make more sense and come together for me within 1-3 years from now or less. I am tempted to elaborate more on what I am writing in regards to this-especially in relation to my creativity, but my intuition is indirectly influencing me to allow myself to be a little secretive about further explanations why despite the public judgment I may attract for doing so. I also want to take the time to thank both supporters and critics who visit this site as I understand that both matter as well as everyone who has plus oned my photos and links that I sent (I just notice 13 that were listed by googleplus to have shown their support and I intend to look through each of their profiles within the next 3-4 weeks or less). I enlisted in the navy on June 14, 2000 and I was honorably discharged on May 24, 2009. 

The story of my life One Direction,That’s What I Like Bruno Mars,Shape of You by Ed Sheeran, hymn for the weekend by Coldplay and Obama, U R The Best Thing by D;ream, Wicked Game Chris Isaak, Things Can Only Get Better by Howard Jones, Freak Like Me by Sugababes, Freak Like Me by Adina Howard, You May Be Right by Billy Joel, Life’s Been Good by Joe Walsh, Magic Man by Heart, You’re the Best Thing by Style Council, The Captain of Her Heart by Double, Hold On Loosely by 38 Special, Black Dog by Led Zeppelin, Love Changes Everything by Climie Fisher, Animal by Def Leppard, Piano Man by Billy Joel, By Your Side Jonas Blue feat. Raye, Just A Little by Liberty X, Come Undone by Duran Duran, Notorious Duran Duran, Leather Tori Amos, Closer Nine Inch Nails, Come Go With Me Expose, I Feel the Earth Move Martika, I Think Were Alone Now Tiffany, Hot blooded Foreigner, Heaven by Jes, You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall and Oates, Addicted to Love Robert Palmer, Self Control Laura Branigan, Burnin Desire Lana Del Rey, Vogue by Madonna,Something Like This by Coldplay and the Chainsmokers,Counting Stars by One Republic, The Edge of Glory Lady Gaga,Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon, Turn Me On by David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj
Affirmations for me to keep in mind
My intuition and creative abilities are increasing each day

I am learning to create heaven on earth and live in alignment with my divine life purpose each day.

images and text from both Amazon.com and Amazon.co. uk

Meteora
Meteora
Price: $9.99
167 used & new from $0.99

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars songs even more interesting than the meteora titleJuly 1, 2008
This review is from: Meteora (Audio CD)
This is a very strong cd by a group that is one of a kind. I first heard of this cd when I was stationed in California and have been listening to it ever since. In my opinion this cd expressed deep emotions and creativity that are in each of the members of the group in a very artistic and exciting way. Some of the songs that I really feel are fun and grow each listen are "somewhere I belong", "breaking the habit", "easier to run", and "lying from you". One of my coworkers who happens to be an exciting and interesting person gave me a copy of this cd that they downloaded and I am sure grateful they did. This is definitely an album that is worth your time and will grow on you each listen.

All The Right Reasons
All The Right Reasons
Price: $5.99
247 used & new from $0.21

3 of 4 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars definitely the sound of rockstarsJuly 1, 2008
This review is from: All The Right Reasons (Audio CD)
This album is so good that its honestly challenging of me to think of which ones are my favorites. This album will grow on you each listen. My husband got this album for me as a birthday gift and I am glad that he did. The reason being is that I really thought all of the songs on the cd are great. However my top five favorite songs on this cd are "animals", "if everyone cared", "rockstar", "saving me" and "follow you home". The thing that I like most about this cd is that it is an all purpose cd in the fact that you can listen to it in multiple occasions. I have listened to it on my way to and from work, when I go for walks outside, at work, and at home. The best thing about this cd is there are is going to a song for everyone that is on this album.

Platinum & Gold Collection
Platinum & Gold Collection
Offered by 5_star_sales
Price: $29.99
10 used & new from $18.94

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Automatically love this cdJune 29, 2008
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This talented group really composed some exciting and fun songs of the 90's. I know that I may be dreaming but if only the group would get back together. I first heard of the group when I was around 14 and found them interesting back then. I heard a couple of their songs again when I was stationed in Japan and made a port stop in Australia. I finally committed to buying their greatest hits cd last year and I am happy to say that I did.

Here is my opinion on each of the songs:

Another Night 10/10 Definitely one of the classic songs that first got me interested in the group. This song is a fun europop song that makes it expressive on how the woman feels about her lover. I sensed a magical chemistry between the female and the male singer.

Run Away 9/10 An upbeat song that is very futuristic in my opinion and again I like the contrast of vocals between the singers.

Come and Get Your Love 8/10 You can picture that you are on the beach enjoying yourself with this song. I like the fun way that the vocals are combined with the beach and summer sounding music.

Automatic Lover 10/10 This is definitely one of my favorite songs on this cd. I love how the male singer sings the lyrics "get in touch with me" and how the female singer says in the song "I can't fight this feeling" and "I can't control myself". I found the male singers lyrics very sensual and the females lyrics very electrifying. This is one of the strongest songs on the cd.

One More Time 10/10 Another strong and great song on the cd. I thought that the upbeat music with the unique lyrics were combined together well. You can easily picture yourself at a club and/or skating rink with this song.

I Wanna Come 8/10 This song eventually grew on me and I liked the confidence that each of the singers conveyed in the song.

If Youre Not in it for love 7/10 A good dance version of Shania Twain's song. I like how the group makes it uniquely their own.

Tonight 7/10 An decent song that may not be the same as their other songs but I like how both singers are energetic in the song.

Love and Devotion 9/10 A beautiful upbeat song that expresses convincingly a couple's love for each other. The lyrics I really enjoy in the song are "you are the sunshine in my life" .

Ooh Boy 8/10 An interesting song about a female expressing her desire for the man but wants to make sure that despite his playboy past that she will be the one to share his love with him

Sleeping With An Angel 10/10 A really beautiful song that showed me a side to the male singer that I did not know existed and I like how harmoniously the female voices are blending in when they sing sleeping wth an angel I didn't know I could

Operator 10/10 A very futuristic and original song that makes a creative use of a robotic voice for "operator emergency"

If you would like some music to dance to and you definitely like dance, pop, and/or europop/eurodance then you will enjoy this cd.

Scando-Nova: Future Sounds From Scandinavian
Scando-Nova: Future Sounds From Scandinavian
13 used & new from $0.32

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars The Exciting Sounds of the Scandinavian UndergroundJune 29, 2008
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Definitely one of a kind is what I would call this unique and original cd. Listening to this cd definitely helped me imagine I was actually at a one of the dance clubs in Scandinavia. If you are looking for some futuristic dance sounds and a cd to raise your spirits I would definitely recommend this purchase. I wanted to get an idea on how some of the dance music sounds from Scandinavia and I am very delighted that I purchased this cd. Some of my favorite songs on this cd are "Last Thing" by Ephemera, "First Base On the Moon" and "Sexy Love" by Anneli Marian Drecker.

Ultimate Kylie
Ultimate Kylie
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $14.02
43 used & new from $0.42

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Kylie IndeedJune 22, 2008
This review is from: Ultimate Kylie (Audio CD)
I would definitely recommend this cd to fans of Kylie Minogue and non fans alike. What I love about this cd is that many of these songs are beautifully compiled together in terms of time era. For example, if you want to listen to Kylie in the 80's and 90's for the moment you would definitely check out cd 1. However if you crave the songs from the 2000's with some from the 90's check out cd 2. One of my favorite songs on her compilation is "come into my world" while my husband's is "where the wild roses grow". Many of the gems that I love of hers are on these cds but my top other fave songs would have to be "red blooded woman", "can't get you out of my head", "on a night like this", "in your eyes" and "slow". I love the ultimate kylie collection because it is upbeat, cheerful, sensual, and erotic at the same time. Plus this collection is any gem that will appeal to various occassions. If you like pop and/or europop or dance you will love this collection. Obviously this is another purchase that I definitely feel is well worth the money.

X
X
Offered by QualityCD&DVD
Price: $9.99
51 used & new from $0.22

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Sensitized but SensualJune 22, 2008
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
I would have to definitely say that Kylie Minogue fans would like this cd. I also agree with the other reviewer that this cd is pretty upbeat and will take you to a different dimension. Some of the strongest (and I admit my favorite tracks) on this cd are Two Hearts, Like a drug, Sensitized, and In my Arms. I just wish that this cd would have been more popular in the US. The only reason why I gave it 4 stars over 5 is because of my recommendation for Minogue fans versus non Minogue fans. This cd grew on me after the second listen and I admit that Minogue fans may enjoy it more. However if you are not a Kylie Minogue fan definitely try to check out her greatest hits cd first and then give this cd a listen. However overall I feel that this cd is good and its good to see her back in good form healthwise and producing a sensual and beautiful cd.

The Best Of Depeche Mode, Volume 1
The Best Of Depeche Mode, Volume 1
Price: $10.99
38 used & new from $4.99

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely some of their best songsJune 22, 2008
This is definitely one of the best from Depeche Mode. Many of these songs exude creativity and emotion. They are also so believable where you can picture the lead singer David Gahan singing them to you. This is one of my favorite cds because when I first bought this cd I listened to it alot after work and its good for working out and making out. In my opinion what helps make this cd a masterpiece is many of these songs are creatively erotic and sensual but there are also some songs that appeal more to ones emotional side and spiritual side. In this cd there is something for everyone. Some of my favorites on this cd are just can't get enough, strangelove, dream on, personal jesus, people are people, walking in my shoes, and feel you. If you want a versatile cd that you can listen to on numerous occassions then your money spent on this cd is well worth it. This is is another classic that you will be happy to have bought.

Confessions on a Dance Floor
Confessions on a Dance Floor
Price: $9.61
295 used & new from $0.01

4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Picture yourself on the dancefloorJune 22, 2008
I was living in Mayport, Florida around this time when the cd came out and none of the radio stations were playing this cd. Nonetheless, fortunately my husband purchased this cd for me as a gift and it has been a gift I have been enjoying ever since. Here is the rundown of each of the songs

Hung Up 7/10 A unique song with strong eurodance background music that in my opinion is a solid beginner. One can easily picture themselves at a danceclub with this song.

Get Together 10/10 A song that I definitely wish would have been played on the radio but is a strong addition to this cd. This song is a beautiful blending of her creative vocals about getting together with someone that mixes well with the complementary background music. When I worked out after work in Florida I would play this song alot.

Sorry 8/10 I liked the beginning to this song where it sounds like she is quoting I think is Italian (feel free to correct if its another language) and I like the way the vocals "I heard it all before" are scattered throughout the song.

Future Lovers 8/10 Again this is another song where the background music really strengthened the song. This is because the background music in my opinion sounded very futuristic and one can picture themselves in a dance club 20 years from now still enjoying this song.

I Love New York 6/10 This song was ok but I admit that that the reason why this song wasn't as highly rated by me compared to the other ones is the good lyrics but I felt more emotion could have been added to the song but still a listenable song.

Let It Will Be 10/10 Very gorgeous and beautiful and classical like background music with vocals that send a positive message to the listener to be peaceful and happy regardless of circumstances.

Forbidden Love 10/10 Another creative and futuristic song that beautifully sounds like a story as she is singing about a love desired but forbidden.

Jump 10/10 I really like this song because it encourages the listener not to be afraid of taking chances and to believe in their dreams and a positive outcome as they are taking these chances.

How High 9/10 A great song where she is reflecting on how far she has come mixed with an upbeat rhythm. This song could also be applied to other people who have come far as well. This is my opinion is the beauty of this song.

Isaac 9/10 A very gorgeous song that is upbeat and seems to pay a respectful ode to Isaac. Listening to this song its challenging for me to understand why there would be critics to this song because if one listens to the song it would be easy to see how she is paying her respects in a creative but upbeat way.

Push 10/10 A very unique song that magically blends what sounds like middle east with eurodance beats about being encouraged to do ones best. Although I think that she is sending her positive respects to her husband encouraging her, on a positive note anyone can picture themselves being encouraged by someone they care about in this song.

Like It or Not 10/10 A wonderful song that sends a message to her critics and fans alike that she is going to continue to thrive and be around. Plus it sends a message about her inspiring confidence because you can tell by the song that she has an enduring but inspiring faith that love for her will grow.

If you are looking for a good cd to dance to and workout too this is definitely one of the gems to purchase.

Greatest Hits: Mixed By DJ Bobo
Greatest Hits: Mixed By DJ Bobo

3 of 4 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Love is all aroundJune 15, 2008
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I can tell that dj bobo and the artists sang many of these songs with love and passion. As you can tell from the title of my review the song "love is all around" is one of my favorite songs. Although some of my other notable favorites are "games people play", "amazing life", "there is a party", "everybody" and "secrets of love". I too agree that dj bobo deserves much more worldwide recognition. This is especially true after viewing some of his youtube videos where he really puts much creativity, love, and joy into his music videos. After watching his videos I completely understand and agree with the viewpoint of dj bobo as a nice and very talented guy. I admit that I partially got this cd because of the positive reviews of the other reviewers that listened to it before me. Plus I intuitively felt an urge to buy this cd. Needless to say that I am very happy that I did purchase this cd. The thing I love about this cd is how uplifting the songs are with beautiful lyrics and positive energy. I bought this cd around a time last year when I was going through some challenges. The unexpected benefit to this cd was that it instantly cheered me up when I played it. Things have fortunately been getting better and better for me. I have listened to it many times since then and will continue to listen to it. Its just that I am grateful that I came across the cd when I needed it the most. So if you are looking for some wonderful, cheerful, and original music that has an abundance of creativity (along with something to sing along to and dance) definitely check out this cd. In my opinion you will most definitely be happy that you bought this cd.

Hard Candy
Hard Candy
Offered by Bridge_Media
Price: $7.93
205 used & new from $0.01

5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Upbeat and entertainingJune 15, 2008
This review is from: Hard Candy (Audio CD)
I personally feel that the cd was overall very strong and entertaining. I admit that I can understand the viewpoints of both the positive and negative reviews. However in my opinion this cd helped solidify why Madonna still is and continues to be a shining example to others to always follow your dreams and that anything is possible. This cd is the type of cd that grows on you each time you listen to it. With that being said here are my opinions on each of the songs

candy shop 8/10 : a very strong song with exotic beats that would be perfect for a dance club.

4 minutes 7/10 a good collaboration with timbaland and justin timberlake with a strong horn.

give it to me 8/10: an excellent pairing with pharell that makes excellent use of the drums and conveys a message that you are here to win in life and that she will continue on regardless of what others may say.

heartbeat 10/10: One of the best songs on the cd in my opinion. I listen to this track alot on my way to work.

miles away 9/10: sounds inspired from love profusion but a beautiful song on how love can be appreciated even more in a long distance relationship.

she's not me 9/10: One of my other favorite songs about a woman telling her man that the other woman doesn't compare to her but does it in a groovy and fun way.

incredible 8/10: This song grew on me after the second listen and I like how the song praises her love in a very sensual way.

beat goes on 6/10: Another song grower but in my opinion is a listenable song about having fun and enjoying the moment.

dance 2 night 6/10: An ok song for mellow slow dancing moments.

spanish lesson 7/10: An interesting song with some spanish words in it that may not compare to la isla bonita but is still very strong and upbeat with singing about a girl who loves to fall in love and adds the catchy phrase "when you do your homework.

devil wouldn't recognize you 10/10 A very strong and magnetic song about her wanting to release her lover but keeps coming back to him more and more.

voices 7/10 A good collaboration with Justin Timberlake. Madonna carefully crafts an original masterpiece with this song with making the listener think about the societal master and slave roles.

All in all I think that this cd is perfect to listen to for a good and uplifting emotional boost.

Pocketful of Sunshine
Pocketful of Sunshine
Price: $0.99

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars The sound of sunshineSeptember 8, 2008
This review is from: Pocketful of Sunshine (MP3 Music)
I recently downloaded this song on my zune player and I must say that this song is very beautiful and uplifting. I love the message in the song where she basically communicates that she will be strong and happy regardless of external circumstances. One of the high notes of the song is where she raises her voice methodically when she says "take me away" and I love how the vocals blend together in "I got a love that's mine" and the creative use of the ending lyrics "I know I'll be alright". This is definitely I song to listen to when you crave something that is energetic, upbeat, and will cheer you up. You can even listen to the song when you are already cheerful.

Hiring the Heavens: A Practical Guide to Developing Working Relationships with the Spirits of Creation
Hiring the Heavens: A Practical Guide to Developing Working Relationships with the Spirits of Creation
by Jean Slatter
Edition: Paperback
Price: $10.79
89 used & new from $5.72

8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A Heavenly ReadJuly 30, 2008
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This is a very creatively written book by I am for certain a very creative author. I enjoyed reading this book especially because it helps remind one that spiritually there is always help for one in the spiritual realms. This is a very creative and enlightening book on connecting to the spiritual/celestial realms for help and using your imagination to hire the celestial helpers for your everyday concerns to tap into the universal energy for assistance. It is a very brief but informative and entertaining read. Admittedly I was also persuaded by Janet's positive review of the book (thank you Janet) and am glad to have purchased it. I would definitely have to agree that this is a practical guide to developing working relationships with the spirits of creation and it gives interesting ideas on names to give for committees that you would hire based on concerns and holding "meetings" regarding the help you need. I personally have used some of the suggestions in this book and it has helped make my life easier. Definitely consider this guide if you are in the process of deciding.

Euromix Greatest Hits: A Decade of Dance
Euromix Greatest Hits: A Decade of Dance
Price: $14.99
9 used & new from $0.88

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a fine Euromix of greatest hitsJuly 25, 2008
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I desired some uplifting and high energy music to work out to when I was working out before work and at times after work just last summer. This cd caught my attention and it turned out to be a satisfying purchase. My favorite song on the cd is "celebrate: by Dj Bobo and listening to this song alone made me eventually get his greatest hits (which is in a earlier review). The song "mr vain" by Culture Beat is also very noteworthy and gave me the high energy jolt I needed when listening to it before or after going to work and/or working out. "Rhythm of the night" by Corona took me back to my teenage years when I first heard the song and enjoyed it alot. "What is love" by Haddaway , "La, La, Hey Hey by the Outhere Brothers, "What's Up" by DJ Miko are also some strong and unique tunes that really get ones energy going. What I also love about the cd is the eclectic music of the various eurodance artists and the fact that this cd is so much fun and high energy at the same time. A good cd to help get your body moving.

Dreamland
Dreamland
Offered by Bridge_Media
Price: $7.47
158 used & new from $0.16

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Treat Your Ears to a wonderful dreamlandJuly 25, 2008
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dreamland (Audio CD)
I have to agree with the fact that this cd has stood the test of time. I remember when the song "children" by Robert Miles first came out and I was still a teenager then. Fast forward some years later and I decide to take a leap of faith and buy this cd and what honestly helped my decision was overwhelmingly positive reviews. Listening to this cd gives good reason for the numerous positive reviews. Listening to many songs on this cd makes you feel in a positive way that you are in some type of beautiful and mystical dreamland. This cd is a gem because of all the songs on the cd being beautiful, high energy, and upbeat. Some of the most noteworthy songs on this cd are of course the classical "children", "one and one", and both versions of the "fable". This is especially a good cd to listen to during the summer but all year round would still be fine. If you would like to treat yourself to some beautiful music that is a departure from some of the more mainstream music and songs this is one of the cds to go to. Its so unique that I would classify it somewhere between europop and eurodance but in its own category. This is also some good music to listen to if you want to nurture yourself.

Intuition
Intuition
25 used & new from $1.59

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Follow your intuition and obtain this cdJuly 5, 2008
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Intuition (Audio CD)
An easy five stars for the singers beautiful voice and very beautiful, heavenly, and uplifting music. I only wished that I had purchased the cd sooner but needless to say was ecstatic when I did. Every track on this cd is strong, upbeat, and fun to where you can honestly play this whole cd through and through. The duo have good musical chemistry together on this cd. I honestly listen to this cd the whole way through when I play it but some of the songs that I really like are "I see right through to you", "Intuition", "Walking in the Sky", and "High on Life". This is another classic eurodance album that will definitely be remembered as one of the tops. All in all a very joyful and fun album that I would recommend easily.

Pharao
Pharao
15 used & new from $1.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique and Pleasurable 90's Club MusicJuly 5, 2008
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Pharao (Audio CD)
I'm lucky to have had the chance to purchase Pharao by Pharao in 2008 when I was living in Norfolk Virginia. I had previously heard Secrets by Pharao on the radio around the time I was 14-15 years old. I ended up paying only 5 dollars and 96 cents (including the shipping cost) for a fantastic cd. One reason why I feel this way is because Pharao by Pharao is one of those cds where many of the other songs are even better than the one or two songs that were used to promote the cd. For instance, I remember Secrets and There Is A Star were two of the amusing songs that were promoted on the radio when I first heard their music as a teenager. However, World of Magic, Gold In The Pyramid, Beautiful Flower of The Bad, and Rave Like An Egyptian are other merry tunes on this cd that transport one back into a euphoric state of mind akin to being in a 90's theme Eurodance club.

The Very Best of... Sting & the Police
The Very Best of... Sting & the Police
Price: $11.99
89 used & new from $1.60

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars every little song he does is magicJuly 5, 2008
This was the first album that I purchased that was by Sting and I am so glad that I acted on my hunch to get this cd. I love how he magically melds very creative songwriting lyrics with his very unique voice. There are quite a few good tracks on this album. Some of my favorites are "every little thing she does is magic", "if you love somebody set them free". "if I ever lose my faith in you", "fields of gold", "brand new day" and "desert rose". I grew up listening to his music on the radio and finally decided to buy one of his cd's last year. I also love how confident his voice sounds in the songs. If you like 80's music, classic soft rock and/or pop and you want to hear a mix of 80's and 90's I would definitely recommend this cd.

Hits
Hits
99 used & new from $1.32

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Dance into the light of phill collins hitsJuly 5, 2008
This review is from: Hits (Audio CD)
I purchased this cd when I visited Singapore a few years ago and I am happy that I bought this cd. This was the first of the cds that I had owned by Phil Collins and I believe that it was worh the money I spent. Why the 4 stars instead of the five? Currently I am 27 years old and I am happy to know that there are songs on this cd that I remember hearing on the radio and had first heard when I was growing up. I was delighted to hear "two hearts" a beautiful and upbeat song that I first heard when I was around 8 years old and "you can't hurry love". I also love "groovy kind of love", "one more night", "dance into the light" and "against all odds". There are other good songs on this cd but the ones I just mentioned happen to be some of my favorites. The only con was that I eventually had to buy a genesis greatest hits compilation to get some of the other great phil collin's songs(which I finally did last year and will review later). However if you are willing to look past this collection missing some of his other great songs you will honestly enjoy this cd. I know that I said it before but this cd is so good that I still play it even though its been a few years since I first bought it (I am 27 now and I remember first buying the cd when I was around 21-22 years of age). I also agree with the one reviewer that had stated that this cd is a good first place to start if this would be your first time owning a Phil Collins greatest hits collection.

Trance Party, Vol. 6
Trance Party, Vol. 6
Price: $16.43
10 used & new from $2.99

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars This cd will definitely help you to feel aliveJuly 1, 2008
This review is from: Trance Party, Vol. 6 (Audio CD)
I have to agree with the reviewer who said that Trance Party 6 grows on you each listen. My favorite times to listen to this cd are right when I am getting ready to leave for work and also right before I am about to go out to other places. Many of the tracks on this cd are good to listen to but some of the standout tracks in my opinion are "I think I love you" by Balm, "raindrops" by Stunt, "alive' by da buzz and "satellites" by September.

Pure Moods, Vol. I
Pure Moods, Vol. I
Offered by Bridge_Media
Price: $10.95
148 used & new from $1.29

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars This pure moods will surely take you to another dimensionJuly 1, 2008
This review is from: Pure Moods, Vol. I (Audio CD)
I first heard of this cd when it was first advertised on tv in the 90's but honestly thought nothing of buying it. However in 2001 I happened to spot this cd when I was stationed in Japan and am happy to have spent my money on this cd. Due to the variety of the songs I feel that this cd is good to listen to at work , when you are spending time with your loved ones, and relaxing and nurturing yourself when you are alone. Some of the notable tracks that really stand out in a positive way for me are

"return to innocence" by enigma
"orinoco flow" by enya
"sweet lullaby" by deep forest
"tubular bells" by mike oldfield
"sadeness" by enigma

There are other good tracks on this cd that are also enjoyable. This album among the first in the pure moods collection lives up to its name in a positive way and is definitely worth purchasing.


Circus
Circus
Offered by SourceMedia
Price: $6.81
192 used & new from $0.01

4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Circus of FunJanuary 1, 2009
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Circus (Audio CD)
Once again Britney creates a musical masterpiece that surpasses the quality of her cd "Blackout". "Blackout" was a good album but "Circus" from my modest opinion is an even better album. I would even go as far to say that because of the greatness in the "Circus" album she will go on to sell many tickets for her upcoming tour which will make it one of the most successful musical tours of 2009. The following are a rundown of my opinion on the songs that led me to feel this way.

Womanizer 10 out of 10 A tongue in cheek of song regarding how even though the man she is singing about is charming that there is no way she is going to fall under his charm. A couple of the places that this exciting video to this song can be viewed through yahoo music and youtube

Circus 10 out of 10 This song is even better than Womanizer. This song she sings very confidently about the exciting show she puts on for others that is entertaining. Plus she emphasizes in this song that when it comes to men she likes the ringleader who calls the shots and she likes a firecracker where she can make it hot. Either way this song is a very fun song that also has an exciting video that can be posted on youtube and yahoo music.

Out From Under 9 out of 10 A very touching song and a unique ballad on how she can't look back in her love life on what could have been. I love how she beautifully sings that she will just figure it out when she's out from under.

Kill The Lights 10 out of 10 A song that is reminiscent of "Piece of Me" but expresses how she is more ready to face the paparazzi on her own terms.

Shattered Glass 10 out of 10 A great standout song about her asking an ex lover in her life if it was worth throwing away what they had for the end of their love relationship and confidently expressing that the time will come when she will be missed and wanted back. On a side note (admittedly just my opinion) I would not be suprised if her musical art ended up imitating life and one of her unnamed exes does possibly end up missing her and desiring her back.

If U Seek Amy 10 out of 10 It is very cool and unique how she starts off the song and how she carefully expresses her voice when she says lalalalala and then allows it to raise as the song starts to begin. She expresses how people can say what they want about her regardless how they feel about her but she artistically sings in a rhetoric tone "but can't you see what I see"

Unusual You 10 out of 10 A very beautiful song on how she finds someone in her life that calls when he says he does and is so good to her that this is unusual to her and how she expects this unusual person to break her heart because in her words only an angel can be so unusually nice and kind to her. This is an entertaining song but it is my hope that this song is just entertainment to her and that she does believe and realize that she deserves to be loved for who she is in real life. Aside from these few caveats this is a good song.

Blur 9.5 out of 10 A fantastic song about how the morning after is a blur to her because she is trying to recall how she ended up next to someone she is unfamiliar with and figuring out what she was doing the night before. It would be interesting to play this in a club and to see what a video of this song looks like.

MMm Papi 10 out of 10 She is expressing in the song how she desires the person in her song and her faith that the object of her desire will be there for her. Its funny and cool when she sings mmm papi love you A catchy song that will surely stick in your head

Mannequin 8 out of 10 Truthfully after a few listens to the song I am still trying to understand the full meaning to this song. What I get from this song is that someone wants her and that she will do her thing and that they will like it. I give her credit for her artistic creativity and innovation in this song but admittedly there are other songs on this cd that I like more.

Lace and Leather 10 out of 10 She sings about taking charge for her and her lover in the bedroom with lace and leather but that she is the one who will call the shots because its her show. She tells her lover to take a seat in the song because the fantasy will be on her. An erotic, sensual, and catchy song rolled into one.

My Baby 7.5 out of 10 Admittedly even though this is a song that I like least on the cd it still has grown on me each listen. This was especially the case after someone at my job told me how this is her favorite song on the cd so I decided to listen to it again to give it more of a try. Truthfully this is the only song that was just a 7.5 on my cd but thats mainly because it was so quiet and slower compared to the rest of the songs. This is a good song to listen to when you want to relax for the day because she beautifully sings about how much she loves her baby. Even though baby is obviously singular you can tell she is metaphorically paying tribute to her two beautiful children that I feel she loves very much. So even though I may have felt it was a 7.5 there may be others who will understandably rate it higher.

Radar 10 out of 10 An exciting and fun song from the "Blackout" album where she expresses some of the qualities she desires in a guy with some of her lyrics "confidence is a must" "cockiness is a plus" She turns having a crush into a stylish and fun situation with this song.

Overall if you liked the "Blackout" album you will like this album even more. Even people that are new to her albums will also like this cd. The $9.99 that I paid for this cd was definitely a good value for the various great songs that are on this cd. You can tell by this album that she is definitely getting better and better. Anyhow, whether you are a fan of Britney Spears or not if you are fine with listening to pop, top 40, and/or dance/club music then you will definitely love this album. You will definitely find yourself singing along and moving to many of these songs on this album.

Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Price: $6.85
150 used & new from $0.31

4 of 7 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars something in your ears to rock out toDecember 7, 2008
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dark Horse (Audio CD)
I was compelled to purchase this cd after finding out that it was being released. I own and love "all the right reasons" so it was honestly natural for me to purchase "dark horse". Needless to say I feel that this cd is even better than "all the right reasons" which is saying alot because "all the right reasons" was a birthday gift given to me by my husband which I enjoyed alot. Here are the songs listed on the cd and my rating of each of them (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest)

1. "Something In Your Mouth" 10 out of 10-An extremely fun song about a woman who has many wealthy men lust after her. I like how they mix the vocals of "dirty little lady with the little pink thong every sugar daddy hittin on her all night long doesn't care about the money she could be with anybody ain't it funny how the hunny wanted you all along" and the the guitar wonderfully speeds up.
2."Burn It To The Ground" 10 out of 10 this song is very reminiscent of 80's rock with a fun modern feel, I like how they expressively yell in the song when they sing the chorus to "we're going off tonight" and mix it harmoniously with the fast guitars in the song.
3. "Gotta Be Somebody" 9 out of 10 This is a really good love song that magically works because many people can relate to the song and the drums are really methodic in the song. My favorite lyrics in the song (because they are full of heartfelt emotions)are "cause nobody wants to be the last one there, everyone wants to feel like someone cares, someone to love with my life in their hands, there's gotta be somebody for me like that"
4."I'd Come For You" 10 out of 10 A beautiful makeup song that expresses how one feels at time when they want to express how much someone means to them in the midst of them wanting to right things. My favorite lyrics to this song"no matter what gets in my way, as long as there's still life in me, no matter what remember You know I'll always come for you
5."Next Go Round" A very sexual song that explains the singers intent to to make it with his conquest until the sun comes up but the way he expresses how he wants to do this works because it paints a very artistic picture in a fun musical way. Very fast guitars are included perfectly with this song. Needless to say this is one song to makeout to (and other things too graphic to say in a review but you pretty much get the idea).
6. "Just To Get High" 7outof 10 The only reason why I gave this song a seven is because it is more on the depressive side. However to the band's credit they describe the consequences of letting drugs rule ones life with lyrics such as "but I remember what his face looked like when I found him in an alley in the middle of the night". This song would go best with a powerpoint presentation on the reasons to be drugfree for a presentation to ones in high school and/or other organizations wanting to do emphasize the reasons to be drug free
7."Never Gonna Be Alone" 9 out of 10 A very romantic side of nickelback that I like illustrated in lyrics such as "time is going by so much faster than I and I'm starting to regret not spending all of it with you" I also like the lyrics when they sing in the song "we're gonna take the world on, I'll hold you till the hurt is gone" and the soft guitars that harmoniously go well with it.
8 "Shakin Hands" 10 out of 10 A very stripperlike song that will for sure be played in strip clubs across the country. The song illustrates how a woman became wealthy working just 3 days a work using her "skills" in a very sexual way with lyrics such as "well she aint no cinderella when she getting undressed" "cause she rocks it like the naughty wicked witch of the west" "far too pretty to be givin it cheap, that's why she's makin 6 figures working 3 days a week" The way that nickelback creatively weaves it into one interesting story song makes it hard to not like this catchy song.
9. "S.E.X. A Definite 10 out of 10 I can't help it but this song honestly grows on me each time I listen to it. The reason why is because of the catchy pleasure lyrics of the song such as No is a dirty word, never gonna say it first no is just the thought that never crosses my mind, (later on in the song)"I'd love to try to set you free, all of you all over me I'd love to hear the sound you make the second you're done"Admittedly there are other lyrics in it that stick out to the point where its honestly played like its actually being sung to you. One has to be in touch with their sensuality to be comfortable enjoying this song. Needless to say this is honestly another song to makeout to (and other things admittedly too graphic to mention in this review but you can pretty much imagine the possibilities with this song).

10. "If Today Was Your Last Day" 9 out of 10 A really beautiful song that reminds one to relish and enjoy each day as one to be cherished and treasured. The meaning of the song can best be summed up in the first part of it with the lyrics "my best friend gave me the best advice, he said each day's a gift and not a given right". I really like how the lead singer raises his voice to match the meaning of this song and then lowers it at the right time to emphasize if today was your last day. An emotional and caring side to nickelback that is expressed very artistically, creatively, and philosophically.
11."This Afternoon" 6.5 out of 10-Admittedly I give it points for the effort put forth by the band to create a feel good song but admittedly this song just did not resonate with me but with others it will. I give the group credit for including humour in the song when they mention "we got weeds in the backyard 4 feet tall" "cheech and chong probably would have smoked them all"This song and "Just to Get High" were the only 2 songs that did not get over an 8 from my perspective.

All in all this is a great cd that grew on me each listen and I have enjoyed it even more than All the Right Reasons. If you definitely love rock music I would recommend you add this to your music collection.

Pain
Pain
Price: $1.29

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars pleasure to the earsNovember 24, 2008
This review is from: Pain (MP3 Music)
Despite the title, this song is actually a pleasure to listen to. I must first start off by saying how much I love the fact that that Three Days Grace manages to turn a song about love involving pain into a genius art form. This is another fun song that I have on my zune player and I like how he expresses himself when he sings lyric such as "trust me and take my hand" "when the lights go out you will understand" and then the song pauses for s split second before he belts out pain among the right timed guitars to help break the pause. He raises his voice some times during the songs but he does it at the right times in the songs such as in the end of it and at one of my favorite moments in the song when he sings "I'm always here for you" "Iknow, I know, I know, I know that you'll thank me later". The lead singer's awesome voice goes perfect with this song.Anyhow, the interesting thing about this song is that if you would like to listen to a sensual erotic song that falls under the hard rock/alternative rock genre then this song would be a must have in your musical collection. It's been a couple of years since this song came out but I am still enjoying it and I am glad to have it as part of my musical collection. This song is definitely recommended for rock music lovers amd even music lovers that may only be lightly into rock but would like to add something different to their musical collection.

Give It To You
Give It To You
Price: $1.29

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Give It to your earsNovember 24, 2008
This review is from: Give It To You (MP3 Music)
I honestly felt compelled to write a review of this song after seeing an updated picture of him with the rest of the members of the nkotb group from celebrity pictures featured on yahoo.com and watching a video for this on youtube. Originally I first heard of this song around 1999 when I was 19 years old when I first bought the cd single version of this song at the mall. Fast forward some years later in 2008 when I purchase my zune player and download the single to the zune player. The reasons why I like to have this song on my zune is the same reason why I liked the song back in 1999. Some of the reasons are: a unique carnival sound at the begining and end of the song. The carnival (fairground music) makes more sense once you watch the video to it (youtube has a video to it). Plus I honestly feel mesmerized when he sings in a very confident and melodic voice when he sings the lyrics throughout the song but some of my favorite parts are "you say its been to long" (where he raises his voice) and then lowers it when he says "light the fire that's burning inside". You honestly feel he's singing to you when he sings "you think that I'm the one you see in your dreams". Admittedly this song has some sexual undertones to it so only listen if you are ok with hearing sexually suggestive songs. On the plus side this song's lyrics and the music go together really well and despite the time when it first came out it is still a good song to listen to.

Big Ones
Big Ones
Price: $8.39
314 used & new from $0.01

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Big Ones to Start Off WithNovember 14, 2008
This review is from: Big Ones (Audio CD)
First off I must begin this review that this is a good collection to start off with if you do not yet own any previous Aerosmith albums. Admittedly there are other good songs that Aerosmith made that were recorded after this album (such as "don't want to miss a thing"). However as an earlier review posted stated this is a good place to start if you would like to hear some of their 80's and early 90's stuff at a budget price. Some of the songs that I really liked on this cd are "love in an elevator" (9 out of 10),"rag doll" (10 out of 10),"Janie's Got a Gun" (8 out of 10), "Crazy" (9 out of 10), and "Living on the Edge" (10 out of 10). There are various good songs on this cd but for me the songs I just listed are some of the reasons why I still have this cd after first buying this cd when I was stationed in Japan (and the last time I was in Japan was October 2003). There are other collections that now carry a wide variety of the classic Aerosmith hits but this is one of the cd's to get if you are ok with collecting more than one greatest hits collection. In my opinion this cd would be a good primer.

Ministry of Sound Presents: Annual 2005
Ministry of Sound Presents: Annual 2005
16 used & new from $1.56

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars annual fun of 2005November 14, 2008
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I had first heard of the annual collection because my husband had played some songs from an earlier collection of annual set cds he had when he and I were stationed in Japan. Around the holidays of 05 I felt compelled to get this for my husband and admittedly I ended up enjoying this too when he allowed me to play the cds in the house. Some of my personal favorites are "do you know" (track 9 on disc 2) and an interesting dance mix of my neck, my back. My husband seemed to like the cds and I felt what was an added bonus to this was the dvd that came with it. My husband sat down to watch it with me because it had some interesting songs and videos in it. Admittedly I like to listen to music such as this because it allows me to hear some of the music that is popular in the clubs in the UK while in the US. It also allows me the chance to experience these fun sounds as I am in the process of planning my dream to visit the UK. Plus listening to fun music like this takes me back to the positive memories I have of the fun times I had when I was stationed in Japan and started listening more extensively to a wide variety of dance, trance, and various types of music such as relaxing trance. Anyhow these cds are a good set along with the cd and are definitely worth consideration if you love dance and/or trance.

Shake It
Shake It
Price: $1.29

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Shake It to the sound of Metro StationNovember 11, 2008
This review is from: Shake It (MP3 Music)
Recently I decided to download this song on my zune player after being captivated by the sound and savoring it. It turns out that the vocals are sung by Trace Cyrus (Miley Cyrus's older brother). Although Trace is only 19 years old he really sings this song in a very self confident and mature way. Admittedly this is a song that you may not want to expose to somebody that is under 13 because the song has sexual undertones to it. The reason why I say this is because the song still has appropriate language to it but he sings about being on the bed with someone and their clothes on the floor (to his credit creatively). He also suggests in the song how he will take someone home if he's not left at the front door. However what makes the song great is that he sings the song creatively, self confidently, and narratively. The reason why is say that he sings this narratively is because it sounds like he is telling a short story about charming someone he is interested in while making sure to combine the singing in seamlessly. I agree with the others that say this is a good workout song too because the music is really upbeat and sounds like something you can easily dance to in the club or a party. It was also featured on one of the reality tv shows I was watching on mtv one night that features Lauren Conrad. All in all if you are fine with songs that have a dance pop twist and you are curious to listen to how Trace Cyrus sounds then in my opinion you will like this song.

Star Trek: Q Fan Collective [DVD]
Star Trek: Q Fan Collective [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patrick Stewart
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: £8.90

7 of 8 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Entertaining2 Jan. 2009
I must first start off my review by admitting that I mainly purchased it at the recommendation from one of my former bosses who recommended these episodes to me because he wanted to help. He wanted me to see the benefits and rewards of doing things unconventional to stand out. After watching this collection I am glad I did(via the tapestry episode where Picard experiences a near death experience. Truthfully my former superior's recommendation and John De Lancie's superb acting that I observed in my first viewing of the collection was the reason why I watched this whole q collection because he really brought to life the "godlike" q character and showed compassion and humanity in someone who I thought was the villian. There are 12 exciting episodes in this collection. Admittedly when you start watching them and you get the 4 disc cd set that I did you may end up watching just 1-2 cds max a day depending on your schedule. One of the episodes that stands out for me is Q2 because one of John De Lancie's actual sons in real life stars with him in that episode. Due to John De Lancie playing a very powerful and godlike character I would highly recommend you watch the discs in order to understand better what is going on in the mind of "Q" You see various sides of the Q character in the collection such as "Q" in love and relationships in episodes such as "The Q and the Grey", Q serving as mentoring and adviser in "True Q"
Q as judge and decider of fate: Encounter at Farpoints 1+2
Q shocked by his "punishment" being a human and having to humble himself by admitting to needing assistance: "Deja Q"
Q playing matchmaker and desiring to understand Picards fascination with a certain love interest including his own fascination with her :"Qpid"
Q questioning his own beliefs about conformity when another q desires suicide in: Death Wish
Overall this was a good cd set about a godlike character who strengthens the members of the startrek crew on a spiritual and emotional level by putting them through a series of tests that teach them information but John De Lancie's Q character ends up learning some lessons himself from the crew as well along the way. A quality dvd set by quality actors especially with John De Lancie's character injecting life into these series. I honestly wasn't sure what I was getting myself into when I went ahead and bought the dvds at a superior officer's recommendation despite not having watched the whole startrek series myself but now I can honestly say that I am glad that I bought these dvds and I feel that you will be glad too if you are still in the process of contemplating.

No comments:

Post a Comment