Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sunday May 14, 2017 Online Amazon Reviews

Public Reviews Written by You RSS Feed 
Show:   
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
pixel
Who's That Girl? (1987)
Who's That Girl? (1987)
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Different and Push the Envelope Side to MadonnaMay 14, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Of Course, as a Madonna fan I find her to be cool in her own way regardless of how often her music gets played on the radio. It was an easy decision for me to watch this movie due to the fact that I like the songs Who’s That Girl song,Causing A Commotion, and the Look of Love songs that are featured in the film (as well as the music collection soundtrack for the film). Anyhow, Who’s That Girl stars Madonna as Nikki Finn who is recently on parole and is working to restore her reputation and clear her name. The main caveat is that she goes about it in a very high risk way. Additionally, a lawyer by the name of Loudon Trott (Griffin Dune) is tasked by his fiancee’s (Haviland Morris) father (John McMartin) to pick Finn up having initially having very little idea of her past as well as the two men Raoul (Coati Mundi) and Benny (Dennis Burkley) that are a dangerous part of Nikki’s past. Regardless of whether my viewpoint is in the minority or majority, I do feel that this film would actually make a good play andor musical to watch. Additionally, the song Who’s That Girl is very fitting for the film because the movie illustrates how the character Finn is different and more multidimensional from who she initially appears to be. At the same time, this film reminds me of how some of Madonna’s songs would make a good story andor musical some day (such as Deeper and Deeper, Revolver feat. Lil Wayne, Celebration, Dress You Up etc). For whatever reason, Madonna’s worldly character of Nikki Finn in Who’s That Girl reminds me of Madonna’s Mae Morbito character in A League of Their Own film.

Alternative Rock Commute
Alternative Rock Commute
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Alternative Rock PlaylistMay 14, 2017
This Amazon music playlist of the Alternative Rock Commute definitely does have a strong variety of tunes on this musical collection. Dark Necessities by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Spirits by the Strumbellas, Shake it Out by Florence the Machine, Handclap by Fitz and the Tantrums, and more alternative rock tunes on this playlist.

Run with Madonna
Run with Madonna
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely good for Madonna fansMay 14, 2017
This review is from: Run with Madonna (MP3 Music)
As a Madonna fan, I am elated to have discovered this Amazon music playlist of Run With Madonna via a recommendation from Amazon. One of the reasons; Obviously the Run With Madonna music playlist has songs that I have hear play from time to time via local radio: Vogue by Madonna, Cherish by Madonna, Like A Prayer by Madonna, sometimes Dress You Up by Madonna etc. However, I also enjoy that this playlist has brilliant songs that I usually could only access via my music collections or various online sources/radio; Revolver by Madonna feat. Lil Wayne, 4 Minutes feat. Justin Timberlake Timbaland, Beautiful Stranger Madonna, Music, Lucky Star, Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix) etc.

The Cure
The Cure
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Healing Someone With Love?May 14, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Cure (MP3 Music)
I understand that some Lady Gaga fans may have strong reactions to what I say, yet I preface this the Cure song review by making clear that I feel that both Madonna and Lady Gaga are very accomplished musically. However, I also feel that trying to measure which artist is more successful is comparing oranges to apples as both women started from different eras pertaining to music. With that out of the way, I do feel that the beginning of the Cure song by Lady Gaga seems in a similar inspirational vein as Dress You Up by Madonna because she talks about undressing her love and covering them as they desire in a similar way as when Madonna mentioned about dressing someone up with her love. However, Lady Gaga does put her unique spin on it by mentioning about healing someone with her love. The song has a hybrid of a chillout and dance melody.

I Got You
I Got You
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Unconditional LoveMay 14, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: I Got You (MP3 Music)
I would have to say that I first found out about this song I Got You by Bebe Rexha less than two months ago (via a Norfolk Virginia radio station through iheartradio). The artist and song was not listed when I first heard it. However, I figured out that it was from Bebe Rexha because of her distinctive signing voice. This song appears to be about being in love with someone who has survived a lot in life before. The song also has shades of I Will Die For You by Prince because of the way she describes that she would even die for this particular person and take a shot for them (not in a fatal of attraction way, more in an unconditional love way). I Got You by Bebe Rexha is a perfect club/dance tune to get if you like club songs with a love theme.

Body Work
Body Work
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic Dance Song For All Seasons?May 14, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Body Work (MP3 Music)
I admit that something about this song (Bodywork by Morgan Page featuring Teagan and Sara) drew me in when I first heard it back in the summer of 2015(via the Imagination radio station by electronic/dance musician Jes on iheartradio). The club/electro beat to this song makes this song come alive musically. I am guessing that this song pertains to thinking about someone who makes your heart skip a beat. However, the fun music video to this song also adds kind of a double meaning to this song (due to scenery of various people in a gym dancing and having fun). This is a worthwhile song to get on Amazon if you enjoy romantic club tunes that are high energy with a carefree and lighthearted element.

100 Greatest 2000s Hip-Hop Songs

2000s Music Playlist that Lives Up To Its Title
I admit that this Amazon music playlist of 100 Greatest 2000s Hip-Hop Songs also caught my attention after seeing it in a recommended playlist section of my Amazon music section feed. As an eclectic music listener, I am familiar with a multiple number of songs because I either heard them from played andor sung from some of my coworkers when I was still in the military, I heard andor discovered them from local radio andor cd collections andor I heard them featured on television. Some of the following guilty pleasure type of songs that I heard via either local radio, cd collections television, andor coworkers from when I was still in the military; Lose Yourself Eminem, Laffy Taffy D4L, Stronger Kanye West, What’s Your Fantasy by Ludacris feat. Shawna,I Know What You Want by Busta Rhymes and Mariah Carey,Cyclone by Babybash feat. TPain,Let Me Blow Ya Mind by Eve and Gwen Stefani, Superstar by Lupe Fiasco feat. Matthew Santos, Party Like A Rockstar Shop Boys and much more songs etc. There are only a few song exceptions to the timeline I mentioned (such as hearing the I Know You Want Me Song Calle Ocho by Pitbull from local radio in Orlando Florida around spring or summer of 2009, an area (Orlando)that my husband and I moved to in April 2009 and I lived at until May 2010 before I moved to Hyattsville, Maryland and my husband joined me in Hyattsville, Maryland June 2010).

No comments:

Post a Comment