Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Yelp Reviews From My MarriedUtopianStriver Username from July 1, 2013 to January 2014 Yelp Document Two 2 for Tuesday May 16 2017

29 of 66 reviews Part Two ending with January 2014 Review

  • Plato's Diner
    7150 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    5.0 star rating
    11/2/2013
    My husband's mother treated us to dinner at this restaurant just last week. They were both happy with the food and service. My mother in law had the Greek omelet while my husband had barbecue sliders. I ate the French terp meal that had French toast, eggs, bacon, potatoes, and sausage.
  • McDonald's
    2306 University Blvd
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    4.0 star rating
    11/2/2013
    • First to Review
    I truthfully confess that I have already been by the new and improved building of this location during breakfast for their tasty sausage egg mcmuffin sandwiches. My husband and I have also been by here for dinner before, but I admit that I enjoy the food from their breakfast the most.  The cashiers are friendly and gave the food within a fair amount of time
  • McDonald's
    5948 Georgia Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20011
    5.0 star rating
    10/23/2013
    On a whim, I came here during a meal break at work (to satiate a fast food craving) and ordered the double quarter value meal. The cashier was polite, my food was quickly ready, and my food was tasty. Truthfully, I would eat here more often if not for a personal goal that I have around how often I eat fast food.
  • Cvs Pharmacy
    $$  Drugstores
    7939 New Hampshire Ave
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    4.0 star rating
    10/21/2013
    • First to Review
    Less than 8 hours ago, I stopped by the CVS to purchase around 8 food/drink items and two non food items.  I had a concern about one of the items being in stock. Fortunately, one of the employees was kind enough to take the time to retrieve the requested item.  This place is open 24 hours, which makes it convenient for doing late night shopping.
  • 24HR Laundromat
    $$  Laundromat
    2012 University Blvd E
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    4.0 star rating
    10/21/2013
    • First to Review
    Pros: I had to go to a late night laundry mat to make sure that my work clothes were washed before work today.  This place is a great 24 hour laundromat service for those who may live in apartments that have limited hour laundromat.  I came around 2 am to do my laundry and was greeted by a friendly employee.  My clothes were also washed and dried within a reasonable timeframe. This place also has  great working machines that dispense quarters (in exchange for dollar bills) for those who need change to put in the laundry machines. This sometimes makes it convenient for men and women who may only make it to their banks for change due to tight and/or highly busy  time constraints in their schedule.

    Cons: The main caveat is the price.  The apartment that I live in charges only 3 dollars per load for both washing and drying. In contrast, washing alone at the Forest Laundromat is going to easily cost you an average of at least $3.50-$4.50 per load and 25 cents per seven minutes in their dryer. Aside from this caveat, Forest Laundromat is a decent 24 hour laundromat with reasonable customer service.
  • Subway
    1161 University Blvd
    Takoma Park, MD 20912
    3.0 star rating
    10/21/2013
    The pros: My husband and I went there during a busy time on Sunday and were served quickly and with friendly customer service. I felt that the workers were polite with my request of the Tuscan Chicken combo meal with a dr pepper and sprite drink while my husband got a spicy Italian combo meal with a fountain drink.

    The cons: My husband liked his sandwich but felt that there could have been more toppings on his sandwich. However, he was fine with the macadamia nut cookies that came with his meal.  In contrast, I was satisfied with the toppings on my sandwich, but felt that my cookies had a harder texture than what I was use to eating. We might come back in the future because of the good customer service, but I would pass on the cookies at this location while my husband would probably ask for more toppings.
  • Costco Wholesale
    11160 Veirs Mill Rd
    Wheaton, MD 20902
    4.0 star rating
    10/21/2013
    My husband and I decided to eat at the Costco's public eatery (inside the Wheaton Mall) due to the great price that we paid for the hotdog and fountain drink meal ($1.50 for the hot dog and drink combo).  Additionally, we both shared an Italian sausage and felt that the food was tasty for the cheap prices (only cost us a total of $6.14 combined).
  • Burger King
    2208 University Blvd E
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    4.0 star rating
    10/21/2013
    • First to Review
    I went there last week to pick up a breakfast platter for myself and a breakfast burrito for my husband. The cashier was polite and served our food within a quick timeframe and the breakfasts were cheap and both my husband and I felt that the food tasted good.
  • Dunkin' Donuts
    2057 University Blvd E
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    4.0 star rating
    10/21/2013
    I came to Dunkin Donuts last Monday early morning for the six donut package. Both the workers on the shift were pretty friendly and the shift manager took care of one of the concerns that I had regarding my service.  Dunkin Donuts is only an occasional indulgence for me, but the donuts were tasty.




  • CAVA
    3105 14th St NW
    Washington, DC 20016
    4.0 star rating
    12/14/2013
    This past Thursday night,the servers and cashier at Cava Mezze Grill  (in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of D.C.) served my husband and I in a quick timeframe and we paid a cheap price for our delicious food. We both got pita bread and fountain drinks with our orders and helpings of hummus, lamb and falafel meatballs,  a tasty tomato mix, tzaiki sauce, feta cheese, greek olives,  and lemons. We both left satisfied with our meals.
  • Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats
    1370 Park Rd NW
    Washington, DC 20010
    3.0 star rating
    12/14/2013
    The good points to Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats:
    The good points/the pros at Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats (in Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington D.C.):The cashier was cordial and served the treat I ordered very quickly. The serving of cake mixed in with vanilla custard was a decent helping for the reasonable price. I was only able to finish half of the vanilla cake with the vanilla custard due to the generous serving size in relation to the price.
    The caveats: The vanilla cake could have been a little more moist, but the taste was at least saved by the tasty vanilla custard.
    However, I am mainly commenting on the sweet treat that I ordered, others may enjoy what they get more depending on the sweet treat they select.
  • Don Pollo
    $  Peruvian
    2065 University Blvd
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    2.0 star rating
    12/14/2013
    Don Pollo in Hyattsville, Maryland has the following positives:
    The food is served quickly and at cheap prices. Additionally, the customer service was good and the cashier seemed concerned in making sure that our order was served correctly and the music played was a pretty good mix. The chicken lime soup with lime and cilantro tasted pretty decent.
    The caveats: The chicken skin that I got with my meat tasted fine, but I only wish that the chicken was cooked a little more to my liking (there was slightly too much redness to it).  I tried some fried plaintains with the meat and mac and cheese but the mac and cheese did not compare to what I can buy from a grocery store and the plaintains were too soft in consistency. In their defense, it does take a lot to get me to really like the food so there may be others who greatly love this place.
  • Moby Dick House of Kabob
    1201A Adele H Stamp Student Union
    College Park, MD 20742
    4.0 star rating
    12/7/2013
    I decided to eat at the University of Maryland's College Park (Stamp Student Union) food court this past Wednesday. Moby Dick House of Kabob was my place of choice, and my dish included some savory rice with walnuts and what my husband thought could be currants. Lamb and gyro meat were among some of the foods that I had with my meal (along with rootbeer to drink).  The rice and meat were satisfying. My only caveat was that the dessert item was too sweet for my taste. However, a guy in the table next to me was happy to have the dessert and was shocked that I would give it away (in all fairness I am a picky eater).  Aside from this, both the cashier and server were friendly and made me feel welcome as a customer.
  • IHOP
    7405 Greenbelt Rd
    Greenbelt, MD 20770
    4.0 star rating
    12/3/2013
    My mother in law was kind enough to treat my husband and I to this Hyattsville, Maryland Ihop last night. My husband had the Colorado omelette with a pepsi, I had a Belgian waffle with vanilla cream, pecans, and banana with a side eggs, sausage, and bacon with Sprite. My mother in law had a crepe that contained chicken, spinach, and swiss cheese.  All of us were satisfied with the well cooked food and smiling service.
  • Sarku Japan
    3500 East West Hwy
    Hyattsville, MD 20782
    2.0 star rating
    11/29/2013
    I decided to eat some quick food  at Sarku Japan at the food court before catching a movie. The pros: delicious samples were given by one of the cooks. Both the cooks and cashier were cheerful to me.  I also found their chicken dumplings with Siriacha sauce to be tasty.  The food was affordable and at a low cost for what I got.
    The cons: I had also ordered the soba with chicken teriyaki pieces. I ended up only eating a few bites of the chicken and soba noodles because the Teriyaki chicken pieces had much less sauce than the samples and were not cooked enough to my personal liking. This made me also not want to eat the noodles due to the fact that I had the chicken put on them.  In their defense, I am a picky and finicky eater, which is why there are some that would like this place more than I did.  However, I do wish them much success and prosperity. It was just that I had to be honest on how the food tasted to me.
  • Taylor Gourmet
    624 E St NW
    Washington, DC 20004
    5.0 star rating
    11/16/2013
    I successfully convinced my husband to try Taylor Gourmet. My husband has the Bensalem sandwich while I had a Packer Avenue sandwich. Both of us found our meals delicious while also enjoying and sharing scrumptious sides of risotto balls with marinara and a zesty sausage soup with parmesan and what looked like kale.  I saved some of my remaining packer avenue sandwich for my husband and ordered a Cherry street sandwich to go (eat for later).
  • US Post Office
    1632 Crystal Square Arc
    Arlington, VA 22202
    5.0 star rating
    11/16/2013
    This Arlington Virginia post office has good customer service and takes care of your concern efficiently.  I recently went there with a post office box query and the worker handling my question cared enough to make me feel welcome to come back in the future.
  • Bank of America
    7370 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    5.0 star rating
    11/16/2013
    • First to Review
    My husband and I went to this College Park, Maryland Bank of America this past Friday evening and had a money request handled very quickly. What I liked the most was that the representative handling our personal request cared enough to see what questions she would could take care of right away, while minimizing wait time.
  • IHOP
    3100 14th St NW
    Washington, DC 20010
    5.0 star rating
    11/9/2013
    My Husband and I stopped at IHop in Columbia Heights to eat before catching the most recent Thor film.  The food was delicious and had the right temperature. My husband and I shared a combo appetizer of onion rings, chicken fingers, and mozeralla sticks.  I had the pumpkin pancake combo while he had an omelette meal combo in the culinary style of a chicken fajita.  Additionally, the waitress assigned to our table was very friendly and made us feel welcome as customers.


  • 7-Eleven
    4319 Wisconsin Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20016
    5.0 star rating
    12/14/2014
    I purchased a washingtontimes newspaper and a washingtonpost newspaper when I visited this 711 convenience store near the tenleyttown-american university stop less than a few weeks ago, the workers were nice and  I felt appreciated as a customer.
  • Valencia College - East Campus
    701 N Econlockhatchee Trl
    Orlando, FL 32825
    5.0 star rating
    12/14/2014
    I have only positive things to say about Valencia community college-it looks like it may now be Valencia college- for the period that I attended there during the autumn 2008/spring 2010 semester. First off, there are a wide range of classes and majors to choose from and at the time I attended, it was one of the top rated community colleges within the U.S.  Many of the teachers are passionate about their jobs and treat students from various backgrounds with dignity. The financial aid office and the student accounts/business sections keep up to date on any tuition owed and work with you right away on resolving situations if something seems wrong.  There is a cafeteria that serves decent food for breakfast, lunch, and there are clubs on campus that give a person a comparative feel as if they were in college. However, the main reason why I had to eventually leave is because the economy in Orlando was tricky to navigate even for minimum wage jobs. For instance, I was lucky enough to almost get hired at Disney and the interviewer even noted that I had the perfect personality and qualifications for the job. However, he bluntly admitted that he could not hire me because I do not have a car (anyone who has ever been unemployed in florida knows that trying to get a car loan on an unemployment income based on florida is in a catch 22 situation).  However, I would keep the option open of maybe taking some online classes from Valencia college in the future.
  • University of Maryland University College
    3501 University Blvd E
    Adelphi, MD 20783
    2.0 star rating
    12/14/2014   Updated review
    Slight update on university of Maryland university college; university of Maryland university college did eventually make an adjustment on my disputed charge after I showed them the required proof from bank of America that I paid the 2011 charge in January 2013. As of October 2014,A letter was typed confirming that all my balances are now brought up to date and that I no longer carry outstanding balances with the school. However, im still hesitant to return back to umuc, despite having great teachers, because  I had to get the federal  va involved as an outside mediator to the situation before it was finally resolved. I still stand by what I say when I emphasized that this school is mainly for federal employees, military people who are going to make the armed services a career, or military people who are already retired and  just need to go to the school as an extra  credential. If you are outside of any of these three groups I would gently recommend going to this school for just 1-3 semesters first and then see how you feel before committing wholeheartedly.
    1.0 star rating
    8/25/2014  Previous review
    I looked through one of my January 2013 Bank of America statements and I did find  the proof that… Read more
    1.0 star rating
    8/23/2014  Previous review
    I feel guided to preface this review due to my awareness that employees of UMUC, public relations… Read more
  • Franklin's
    5121 Baltimore Ave
    Hyattsville, MD 20781
    5.0 star rating
    1/25/2014
    My husband and I decided to eat at Franklin Brewery this week to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary. The waitress served our food pretty quick and treated our courteously. It also meant a lot that she genuinely congratulated my husband and I on our ten year wedding anniversary.  The food was scrumptious. My husband and I shared yummy goat cheese and architoke  appetizers. I had a delicious South by Southwest pizza while my husband liked his dish of Cajun mac and cheese.
  • Pret A Manger
    50 Massachusetts Ave
    Washington, DC 20002
    5.0 star rating
    1/25/2014
    I went to Pret A Manger  less than seven days ago at this Union Station Washington D.C. location and chose to get a bacon egg and cheese mixture inside of what looked like a pastry/croissant bread. There were also some healthy sandwich choices and bananas available. I would definitely come back to this Pret A Manger location for one of the sandwiches because what I got was pretty cheap, tasty, and the cashier was very friendly and pleasant to me.
  • Jamba Juice
    50 Massachusetts Ave NE
    Washington, DC 20002
    5.0 star rating
    1/25/2014
    I came on a Sunday morning to get a Strawberry Banana smoothie from Jamba Juice. My smoothie was made pretty fast and it was delicious. The cost was also fair for the smoothie size that I purchased.
  • Popeyes
    11160 Veirs Mill Rd
    Wheaton, MD 20902
    5.0 star rating
    12/25/2013
    This Popeye's in the food court in Wheaton had a cashier who served my food to me quickly and in a friendly manner. I did not finish all of my food and saved some to take home later (I had a six piece chicken wing combo with a shrimp, Cajun fry, and tea drink combo).  I was only able to finish the wings at the food court and brought a gallon of tea home with me. Fortunately, my leftovers (including the tea) still tasted satisfying when I had them over 7-8 hours later.  Last, but not least, the food is actually delicious for the cheap/inexpensive price that the food sells for.
  • Outback Steakhouse
    3500 E West Hwy
    Hyattsville, MD 20782
    4.0 star rating
    12/21/2013
    Initially, I was hesitant in going back to this Hyattsville Outback due to a prior experience that my husband and I had at this restaurant over a year ago. However, I decided to give my memories of this place another chance due to wanting to catch some dinner to eat at the last moment (prior to going to a movie). Fortunately, this visit turned out much better for my husband and I.  Our assigned waiter was polite to both of us and correctly served what we ordered in a faster than expected timeframe.  My husband and I shared the Aussie fries. I ordered a meal that included the six ounce sirloin, coconut shrimp, sweet potato (with brown sugar and butter) and salad. My husband had what looked like some type of pork chops with mashed potatoes.
  • Flip It Bakery
    $  BakeriesDelis
    4532 Georgia Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20011
    4.0 star rating
    12/21/2013
    My most recent visit to Flip It Bakery in the Georgia Avenue neighborhood was the first for my husband and I.  He got the biscuits and gravy breakfast and seemed to enjoy it. Meanwhile, I ordered an omelette (the toppings I do remember: mushrooms, sausage, cheddar cheese) with toast and potatoes. The mango tea that I had with my breakfast was pretty good and my husband said that the biscuits and gravy that he ordered were tasty.  Additionally, the cashier was nice to both of us and served our food in a quick timeframe.
  • Taqueria El Mexicano
    $$  Mexican
    7811 Riggs Rd
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    5.0 star rating
    12/14/2013
    I only found out about the gem that is Taqueria El Mexicano in Hyattsville, Maryland after talking a walk with my husband one autumn day. During my recent trip to Taqueria El Mexicano, I was courteously greeted by a twenty something cashier that patiently answered some questions I had about some of their menu items.  There are  posted photos of much of the food items to help in selecting the food.  I had  scrumptious and zesty  servings of three carne asada tacos with delicious orangish red sauce and delectable tomatillio and tomato and cilantro blend sauces. The cashier was both kind and helpful and made my husband and I feel welcome to return to eat here in the future.

About MarriedUtopianStriver W.

Rating Distribution

5 stars
32
4 stars
23
3 stars
8
2 stars
3
1 star
0
View more graphs

Review Votes

  • Useful 23
  • Funny 4
  • Cool 2

Stats

  • Review Updates 2
  • Firsts 9
  • Followers 1
  • Location

    Hyattsville, MD
  • Yelping Since

    July 2013
  • Things I Love

    My husband, being alive, writing, traveling, reading
  • My Blog Or Website

  • Why You Should Read My Reviews

    All reviews are based on what I and/or my spouse paid for out of own pockets.
  • My Second Favorite Website

  • Don’t Tell Anyone Else But...

    I dream of visiting Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand+revisit Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment