Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Mini-Sampler of Kindlebooks, Books, TV Shows That I'm Fortunate/Lucky To Have Purchased Post 3

A Mini-Sampler of Kindlebooks, Books, TV Shows That I'm Fortunate/Lucky To Have Purchased Post 3

The following is a mini sampler of what I am fortunate to have purchased. I includeded reviews and purchase dates (as documented on Amazon)by some of them for professional reasons.

I must make it clear that I am posting this list and my past online Amazon reviews not to show off, and I understand that I invite public judgement by what I am doing. However, I am posting and keeping a record of this for professional and personal reasons. One reason that I feel comfortable sharing on why I am keeping this list and sharing my Amazon reviews under my real name across multiple social platforms; important clues and ideas to myself on some of my professional interests and goals that I may have initially overlooked  especially as I navigate a potential 3 month professional break (from next week May to August) that I reluctantly admit to being aware that I must accept and embrace as part of my professional growth and resilience. Additionally, I have been noticing a pattern in some of my past online Amazon reviews and purchases that tie into what has occurred in my present life as well as what I logically and intuitively sense to be clues on what I need to keep in mind for the future-as it relates to some of my goals and interests- within various areas of my life.

You purchased this item on November 19, 2015. 
View this order

A Writer's Guide To Persistence: How to Create a Lasting and Productive Writing Practice 

by Jordan Rosenfeld (Author)
Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase
A Writer’s Guide To Persistence; How To Create A Lasting And Productive Writing Practice by Jordan Rosenfeld touches among the following topics; Making a list of all the possible time slots in your day that you could be writing (page 38), pushing through perfectionism and common fears (such as fear of failure, fear of being a fraud, fear of being out of control, fear of being tapped out,fear of being seen or being honest etc. (pages 72- 79). I’m also grateful that the author included a chapter on staving off sabotage either from yourself or from other people (chapter 17,an informative and helpful section that starts on page 150). He persuasively makes it clear that there are times when those who make a point to sabotage your writing are sometimes feeling unhappy and/or stuck themselves and/or trying to break free in their own creative lives. Rosenfeld also includes a healing quote in chapter 17 from Bobbe Sommer, From Psycho-Cybernetics With The Maxwell Maltz Foundation on why it is vital to embrace being different and/or your uniqueness rather than running away from it (which I admit that I’m still in the process of learning to embrace being different/my uniqueness). I wish that I would have found out about this book back around 2010/2011, but I’m happy to have discovered it by now.

You purchased this item on January 28, 2016. 

Newcomer's Handbook for Moving to and Living in Washington, DC Including Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland Paperback – December 20, 2011

by Mike Livingston (Author)

ByStella Carrieron December 19, 2012
Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase
"Newcomer's Handbook For Moving To And Living In Washington D.C." includes a wealth of details for those who plan on residing throughout the D.C. area. What I enjoy is that the writing is carefully done to include ample and balanced information for Maryland, Northern Virginia, and the downtown D.C. regions. "Newcomer's Guide For Moving To And Living In Washington D.C." is a great relocation guide for those who are about to move to the D.C. area and/or those who have lived in the D.C. area continuously but are still learning new things about this diverse region.

You purchased this item on October 7, 2016. 

Writing Movies for Fun and Profit: How We Made a Billion Dollars at the Box Office and You Can, Too! Paperback – July 3, 2012

by Thomas Lennon (Author), Robert Ben Garant  (Author)
You purchased this item on October 24, 2015. 

Worry-Free Family Finances 1st Edition

by Bill Staton  (Author), Mary Staton (Author)

You purchased this item on February 19, 2015. 

Newcomer's Handbook for Moving to and Living in Los Angeles: Including Santa Monica, Orange County, Pasadena, and the San Fernando Valley Paperback – October 3, 2014

by Heidi Deal (Author), Joan Wai (Author), Holly Tri (Editor)

ByStella Carrieron March 14, 2015
Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase
I must preface this review by mentioning that my interest in looking into living in various places across the U.S. is independent from the fact that both my husband and I have mutually agreed on following our shared intent to settle/reside in the Washington D.C. area together by the time we are both in our 60’s (a long distance marriage would only be a last resort for economic reasons). However, I have been looking at various books of places across the U.S. because it has recently occurred to me (just yesterday) that my husband and I both have equal opportunity in keeping our career/professional options open in terms of moving for work and then moving back to the D.C. area years from now after certain financial, educational, and /or professional/career goals are accomplished(if necessary for a myriad of reasons). However, I wish to avoid saying anything further out of respect and consideration for my husband, my mother-in-law, my concerned family members, my friends, allowing ample time to let my employer know etc. This Newcomer’s Handbook for Moving To and Living In Los Angeles by Heidi Deal, Joan Wai, and Holly Tri (6th edition including Santa Monica, Orange County, Pasadena, and the San Fernando Valley). The feature on neighborhoods such as Orange County’s Yorba Linda, Fullerton (pages 122-123), additional relocation and moving information (pages 151-152), radio stations while getting settled as well as newspapers/magazines (pages166-167), and cultural life (pages 236-237) feature in this guide. There are also written inclusions of luxury living, middle range lodgings, and inexpensive lodgings on pages 328-332. Last, but not least, there is a section on useful phone numbers and websites (pages 359-373 as well as much more information in this book).

You purchased this item on November 4, 2016. 

Madboy: Beyond Mad Men: Tales from the Mad, Mad World of Advertising Paperback – September 20, 2011

by Richard Kirshenbaum  (Author), Jerry Della Femina (Foreword)

You purchased this item on December 6, 2014. 

Explorer's Guide Virginia Beach, Richmond and Tidewater Virginia: Includes Williamsburg, Norfolk, and Jamestown: A Great Destination (Explorer's Great Destinations) Paperback – October 4, 2010

by Renee Wright  (Author)
ByStella Carrieron December 13, 2014
Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase
I mention this headline because I am appreciative to have experienced the chance to reside in the Washington d.c. area since may 19 2010. However, I have a feeling that this area that the book is covering is also going to become so popular to the point where it may catch up with and/or exceed the Washington d.c. area cost of living by the 2050s at the latest. One of the reasons that I purchased Explorers Guide Virginia Beach, Richmond and tidewater Virginia, includes Williamsburg Norfolk and Jamestown a great destination (explorers great destinations)by renee wright is due to my previous familiarity with my husband and I living in Norfolk Virginia from 2008 until 2009. The chapter of getting there and getting around includes information on the general aviation airports and Elizabeth city. There is a brief mention of George Washington in this chapter and how Norfolk, Portsmouth, Yorktown, Petersburg, and City Point now known as Hopewell play a dominant role in commercial shipping, via pages 51 to 67. Additionally, a Virginia Piedmont chapter covers information on Richmond, and Petersburg that includes details on museums, Virginia union university, tours, camping, shops, and restaurants, pages 71 to 147. Pages 266-326 cover information on Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Chesapeake covering information on galleries , sports, performing arts venues, boating information,and educational institutions such as old dominion university.

Insiders' Guide® to Hampton Roads: Virginia Beach, Norfolk & Newport News (Insiders' Guide Series) Paperback – January 11, 2011

by Anthony Germanotta (Author)
ByStella Carrieron November 22, 2014
Format: Paperback
I purchased the Insider’s Guide: Hampton Roads Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Newport News (first edition) by Tony Germanotta because my husband and I use to live in Norfolk, Virginia from February 2008 until April 2009. Additionally, I have been keeping my options open as a just in case scenario of places to live if I had to live on minimum wage for a certain period of time while in the process of increasing my financial net worth. Additionally, I calculated that my current wages would stretch farther in this area. For example, there is a helpful section on restaurants 56-87, Nightlife coverage is on pages 88-99, and annual events and festivals are featured on pages 168-182. For couples and/or single parents with children (whether to reside there or just to visit) there is a feature of a chapter called kidstuff on pages 183-194.


No comments:

Post a Comment