Tuesday, May 16, 2017

218 Yelp Reviews From My online profile Stella "luckywoman2078" C. from October 20, 2011 to April 23, 2017 initiated on Tuesday May 16 2017 page two 2 by Stella Carrier

  • Pho 75
    1510 University Blvd E
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    5.0 star rating
    11/21/2015   Updated review
    My husband has been to this Hyattsville Maryland location of Pho 75 multiple times since June 2015 to pick up meals for us and of course I'm grateful for this. The most recent visit was today and I'm happy to say that I'm happy with my dish (the food is consistently delicious each visit). Today, I had a delish blend of well done and fast brisket meat along with generous helpings of basil, lime, and the cilantro and scallion mix that comes with the noodle soup. I Also like that the soups Are Affordable.
    5.0 star rating
    6/5/2015  Previous review
    My cravings for soup propelled me to give Pho 75 a try just two days ago around the afternoon (it… Read more
  • Olive Garden Italian Restaurant
    3480 East West Hwy
    Hyattsville, MD 20782
    4.0 star rating
    11/12/2015
    I'm grateful that my husband treated me to this Hyattsville Maryland olive garden for my birthday (near the Prince George plaza mall). Our waiter was nice and served our food pretty quick. Some of the food in my husband's main dishes was bites of steak in a pasta type of meal. While I had the new Northern Tour of Italy. The only caveats were that the pasta Alfredo And Asiago tortellini in my meal tasted  bland, but the chicken with the smoke d mozzarella and provolone cheeses were At least ok Along with the zuppa Tuscana soup And the smoked fonduta Appetizer that we had.  Additionally, there was not my first choice of limeade lemonade Available  but the Alternate choice of the raspberry lemonade was fine.  My husband And I may possibly come back in the future but more for the soup, salad, breadsticks, And/or Appetizers if we did because we At least had a professional and courteous waiter (And my husband seemed fine with what we were charged)
  • Nando's PERi-PERi
    7400 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    4.0 star rating
    11/5/2015
    My husband got food for us on his way home from work from the Nando's Peri Peri in College Park Maryland. The pros; the food was pleasantly delectable; my husband had some lemon and herb chicken breast while I had lemon and herb six piece chicken wings.  The appetizing sides were; fire roasted corn on the cob, garlic mashed potatoes, and garlic bread. The only caveat is that  while the College Park Maryland Nando's Peri Peri is not that expensive but it is not that cheap either; he mentioned that what he got for us cost him approximately 23 dollars.
  • Shake Shack
    50 Massachusetts Ave NE
    Washington, DC 20002
    5.0 star rating
    9/30/2015   Updated review
    I went back to eat at the Union Station location of Shake Shack this past  Monday (the Washington D.C. location)when I was hanging out with a friend.  I had a sprite drink, the Shack Stack which is a delicious giant mushroom stuffed with muenster and cheddar cheeses and a cheese burger combined in one. Their fries were fresh and the helping of American and cheddar cheese sauce that they gave me on the side to dip my fries in completed out what was a toothsome meal. Last, but not least, the cashier who took my order was both friendly and polite, plus I got my order pretty fast.
    5.0 star rating
    8/23/2014  Previous review
    My spouse and I actually decided to give this Union Station Shake Shack a chance due to the fact… Read more
  • IHOP
    3100 14th St NW
    Washington, DC 20010
    4.0 star rating
    8/20/2015
    I recently had the lemon strawberry French toast from this Columbia Heights ihop (along with eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns with cheese and a sierra mist drink)which turned out to be toothsome. The server was also friendly and made sure that we (a friend that I went with)got our food in a reasonable timeframe. However, the cost and having to control what I eat are the only two reasons why I only go to Ihop occasionally.
  • Academy 8 Theaters
    6198 Greenbelt Rd
    Greenbelt, MD 20770
    4.0 star rating
    5/28/2015
    My husband convinced me to give the Academy 8 Greenbelt theater a chance due to the affordable ticket prices for a movie that he was truly wanting to see. I went ahead and agreed, especially because it mattered more to me that we were going to spend some time together for a relaxing evening out. I was also pleasantly surprised at the friendly customer service and the theater being pretty clean for the day that we chose to see the movie. Last, but not least, I'm glad to be at an affordable theater were the movie showed at a reasonable time after the movie trailers started playing (I have actually been at one movie theater before where people in the theater where moviegoers wondered when the movie was finally going to play after waiting a reasonable amount of time for the film to begin).
  • King Kong Restaurant
    $$  Chinese
    2350 University Blvd E
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    3.0 star rating
    5/28/2015
    One major pro to this place; one of the employees of King Kong at least took my order over the phone in a polite and efficient manner. The food was ready within a reasonable timeframe when my husband and I went to pick up our orders and the food was pretty cheap. Con; The shrimp fried rice that I ordered was not to my liking, compared to some of the other versions of shrimp fried rice that I ordered from other Chinese food places. Additionally, there was only a scant amount of shrimp and fried egg in my order compared to what I have received from other places (the rice and ingredients in the order were ok but not what I would order again from this place). My husband ordered some meat that he expected to receive some type of sauce with (there appeared to be no sauce). We had also ordered some crab rangoons and were surprised that those also did not come with any sauce. The food came with some soy sauce, which was just ok. My husband politely shrugged it off which influenced me to also just be calm about it.  I consider myself pretty fair minded and reasonable when rating restaurants and fast food places. Therefore it is not easy for me to rate the food as barely edible when both my husband and I at least got respectable customer service.
  • BGR The Burger Joint Bethesda
    $$  Burgers
    4827 Fairmont Ave
    Bethesda, MD 20814
    5.0 star rating
    5/10/2015
    I admit that I'm lucky/charmed to have found out about the BGR burger joint by chance after hearing them advertised on the DC101 radio station. I decided to check out the Bethesda Maryland location of  BGR The Burger Joint and ordered the Wellington burger (comes with carmelized onions, roasted mushrooms, black truffles, and blue cheese crumbles) with garlic/rosemary sweet potato fries (finished off with Barq's rootbeer). My only caveat, the Wellington was cooked different from what I expected (I had initially asked for it to be medium well but it looked to be medium rare and medium). However, with my open mind, I went ahead and took a bite out of the Wellington and was pleasantly surprised at how palatable and delish both the Wellington and my sweet potato fries tasted. I also like how whoever prepared my meal gave a generous helping of rosemary and garlic to go with the sweet potato fries. I would truthfully eat here more often if I did not have to watch what I eat.
  • National Portrait Gallery
    8TH St And F St NW
    Washington, DC 20001
    5.0 star rating
    5/10/2015
    I recently went to the National Portrait Gallery with one of my friends (this partially also arose from my intent created, less than two months ago, to visit at least one museum every two weeks). Anyhow, the National Gallery has a cornucopia  of eclectic paintings and expressive images to look at within the walls of this museum.  There is so much to look at to where my friend and I were still not finished with viewing everything there was to look at after being within the National Portrait Gallery after an hour. I texted the names of many paintings within the National Portrait Gallery. However, the following is a sample of the paintings/artistic creations available within the National Portrait Gallery ( a short distance from the Chinatown Metro):Automotive Industry by Marvin Beerbohm, Young Pastry Cook by William H Johnson,  Band Concert by Marion Gilmore, Scenes of American Life by Gertrude Goodrich, The Farm by Kenjiro Nomura, Tenement Flats Work of Arts Project by Millard Sheets, Edith Wharton portrait by Edward Harrison, Acupuncture Pitchfork Style by John William Uncle Jack Dey, Miss America Beauty Pageant by Malcah Zeldis, The Circus by Albina Felski, Blue Sail Fleet Returns by Earl Cunningham, Manhattan Skyline by Justin McCarthy, President and Mrs. Eisenhower by W.G. Williams, Aunt Nettie by Jon Serl, Hulda Martin In Her 55 Year by Frederic Mayhew,  Matilda Davis Williams by Christian Gullager, Mary Abigail Willing Coale by Thomas Sully, A Pretty Girl by George Catlin, Theodore Burr Catlin In Indian Costume Midday Sun also by George Catlin, plus many more artistic paintings/creations.
  • Z-Burger
    4321 Wisconsin Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20016
    5.0 star rating
    5/10/2015
    I'm fortunate to have caught a bite to eat at Z Burger at a time where the wait was not too long and the food was perfectly cooked. I admit that I ordered a double bacon cheeseburger with seasoned fries. However, I did not finish all of my order of the seasoned fries and saved some for my husband because even the small sizes of the Zburger fries can feed at least 2-3 people. I had a hybrid of rootbeer and ginger beer to drink. The whole meal was appetizing even factoring in account that I did not add the traditional sauce condiments to my meal(mustard, ketchup etc) to my meal (both the double bacon cheeseburger and seasoned fries tasted good by themselves.



  • Hyattsville Convenience Store
    2230 University Blvd E
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    4.0 star rating
    1/2/2016   Updated review
    During the recent visit of my husband and I to this The Hyattsville Convenience Store, we got some eggs, milk, brownie mix, and mayonnaise partially because we waited too long to go to the grocery stores closest to us (which was on New Years Eve)and because of this place being super close to our apartment. However, the cashier took care of us pretty quickly.
    4.0 star rating
    5/28/2015  Previous review
    I'm thankful to have an abundance of affordable stores and shopping places both near where my… Read more
  • Maryland Dairy
    Union Ln and Campus Dr
    College Park, MD 20742
    5.0 star rating
    1/2/2016
    Less than 2 to 3 weeks ago, I had some ice cream from the Maryland Dairy within the Adele H Stamp Student Union building (on the University of Maryland College Park campus), and ordered a two scoop icecream option.  The person serving me the icecream was actually super nice to me and made me feel welcome there and was pretty fair in how much I was charged for the two scoop icecream.  Both scoops tasted delish, with one of the icecream scoops being a Jordan Almond (a delish almost praline, butter pecan type of earthy almond icecream flavor) with the other scoop being called 1856 or was it called 1836 (a delicious strawberry shortcake tasting icecream).
  • Burger King
    2208 University Blvd E
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    4.0 star rating
    12/30/2015
    During out most recent visit to This Hyattsville, Maryland Burger King (on 2208 University Boulevard) I had some flavorful buffalo chicken fries while my husband found his chicken nuggets to be delectable.  During my last visit, my orders were given to me pretty quickly and the employees dealing with my order actually made me feel welcome as a customer. I also admit that I have also had some pies from This Burger King before (my favorite pie is the Hershey's Sundae Pie).
  • Adele H. Stamp Student Union
    3100 Stamp Student Union
    College Park, MD 20742
    4.0 star rating
    12/29/2015
    The Adele H. Stamp Student Union building has many different affordable places to eat during the school year (even if you are just part of the general public and are passing through the campus) and a fantastic University Book Center. The inexpensive places to eat at; MCDonalds, Salad Works, Moby Dick House of Kabob, Sbarro, Panda Express, Teppan & Sushi, Subway, Maryland Dairy (serves delish ice cream), Maryland Food Collective, Chick Fil-A etc.  There is also an Adele's restaurant inside the Adele H Stamp Student Union as well. There are other multiple businesses inside The Adele H. Stamp Student Union Building as well such as; The University Book Center, Terrapin Shipping & Mailing,  Union Shop-which has candy, snacks, sandwiches, sushi, drinks, and other food, the Terrapin Technology Store, and other rooms that I admit to running out of time to observe and write down.  Inside the University Book Center is among the following sections/items; the top floor has college sweaters, pants, they even have some University of Maryland clothes  of what looks to be for toddlers and younger. On another floor the University Book Center has online order pick-ups (grays steel shelves for book pickups), a section for art and school supplies , things such as Uvex by Honeywell Safety goggles, A textbook section department where you can rent or buy textbooks, various sections of books  such as top picks in fiction, top picks in business, the best new books of 2015 in non-fiction, cookbooks, biographies, history, new age, religion, teen books, children's books, and a section for dorm shop & computer supplies, etc.  I also noticed that the University Book Center even has a magazine section and little gift sets such as the Star Trek Light Up Starship Enterprise, Harry Potter Wizards Wand and Sticker Book, Game of Thrones Three-Eyed Raven, Doctor Who Light Up Tardis Kit etc.
  • IKEA
    10100 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    4.0 star rating
    12/28/2015
    This Ikea  in College Park Maryland has a vast range of colorful furniture and a nice setup that helps a customer imagine what the items may look like inside of where they live.  I also like that the employees in there are friendly and the store itself has a lot of different home items to look at in a building with two floors of shopping.  There is a nice cafeteria style restaurant inside  as well which serves affordable and nourishing food  (I had some tasty salmon and some salad during my most recent visit while my husband tried some Swedish meatballs).
  • Bojangles
    50 Massachusetts Ave NE
    Washington, DC 20002
    4.0 star rating
    12/26/2015
    I was at the Union Station (Washington DC)Bojangles less than three weeks ago and ordered a combo that included some of their chicken pieces, French fries, and biscuits. The meal tasted appetizing but it was so big that I truthfully did not finish it. I'm definitely not complaining about the amount of food given me for the cheap/affordable price that I paid, but I would certainly order something smaller on the next trip to the Union Station (Washington DC) Bojangles.
  • Target Express
    7501 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    4.0 star rating
    12/14/2015
    This Target Express (near both the University of Maryland College Park and College Park metro) has a reasonable variety of items to choose from for the store being just a quick stop store. My husband and I recently purchased some affordable Dial brand of Omega mixture Omega packed sea berrie soap bars (ten- 4 ounce pack), almond and shea butter suave  conditioner, citrus rush scent of  suave 3 in 1 conditioner+shampoo+bodywash , orange juice, and simply balanced variety tilapia filets.  The customer service from the cashiers was outstanding and my husband and I were in and out of this College Park MarylandTarget Express within a reasonable timeframe. However, due to the cost of the items and more or less the size of the Target Express store it is more for if you need a few items until payday.  If you are trying to get groceries to last you for at least two weeks that are only 1-2 buses away from the Prince GeorgePlaza Metro or the University of Maryland College Park metro the following other places might better serve your needs; Target or Giant grocery store near the PG Plaza metro, Giant grocery store near the Greenbelt metro, Shoppers grocery store in College park metro and/or Costco near the Wheaton metro.
  • Jimmy John's
    7410 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    5.0 star rating
    12/14/2015
    My husband originally first got me interested in trying sandwiches from Jimmy Johns back around the summer of 2009 when we were living in Orlando, Florida. There was a Jimmy John's sandwich place that was a couple miles from the University of Central Florida (near an apartment that we lived at that also had other restaurants too such as The Pita Pit, Steak N Shake, Panera Bread etc.).  My husband and I ordered combo meals from here, (my husband chose the Big John sandwich meal while I chose the Vito).  The Vito tasted superb because the amount of meat and other toppings on the Vito bread was just enough (with the right balance of the Italian vinaigrette that comes with it).  I also enjoyed the decent range of drinks that were available for the combo meal (my husband politely served me a drink hybrid of Cherry coke and rootbeer because he knows I like both drinks). Last, but not least both the servers were friendly, gave impeccable customer service, and had our orders ready in a reasonable timeframe.
  • Red Robin's Burger Works
    1028 19th St NW
    Washington, DC 20036
    2.0 star rating
    12/11/2015
    I admit that this review of the Red Robin's Burger Works is a little late because my visit was over 8-9 days ago. It was not easy for me to rate this Red Robins Burger works (near the Farragut North Metro station) only two stars because I normally enjoy burgers and the workers there were extremely nice.  I stopped by Red Robins after an event I attended because of my previous positive experience with a Red Robins (I had enjoyed a burger from Red Robins back around 2008 when my husband and I visited a location in Williamsburg, Virginia). I ordered the sautéed shroom burger with the sweet potato fries.  The pros; both the cashier and server were extremely friendly and my order came out quick within less than 4 minutes-hence the two stars for great customer service. However, the sweet potato fries tasted like they were put in some oil that did not agree with the sweet potato flavor (in addition to the thai chili ketchup clashing with the taste of the sweet potatoe fries) and the burger was not cooked enough to my liking-however in the servers defense I forgot to make it clear when I ordered the burger how I wanted it cooked (I was not asked but I should have known better to remember to ask). If I ever came back-due to at least the polite customer service- I might see how the regular potato fries taste first and remember to  emphasize how I want my burger cooked.
  • American Psychological Association
    750 1st St NE
    Washington, DC 20002
    4.0 star rating
    11/21/2015
    • First to Review
    I admit that I ended up seeing some parts of the American Psychological Association building (near the Washington D.C. Union metro station) because of an event that I decided to attend that was held there Tuesday night. The inside of the building looked pretty pristine and the security guard that helped give me clearance to go to the event was friendly as well. Additionally, I noticed that the building was well-lit from the inside and easy to find from the outside (I was able to see the lettering for the American Psychological Association from the outside even though it was already after sunset).
  • Ten Ren's Tea Time
    $  Tea Rooms
    7418 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    4.0 star rating
    1/21/2016
    It was my husband's idea for us to try our dinner at this Ten Ren's Tea Time restaurant in College Park, Maryland this past week.  I'm glad to have went along with this idea because the waitress serving our food was extremely nice and the teas were delicious.  I admit that my husband forgot which tea he chose but I do remember the delightful tasting tea that he picked out for me (it was a green tea honey flavored tea that went with my food). We both found our food to be yummy, I had the shrimp fried rice while my husband had a beef bowl dish (which reminded him in a positive way of the beef bowl dish that he had when we were both stationed in Yokosuka Japan through the navy). We also shared delectable tasting fried pork dumplings.
  • Westfield Wheaton
    11160 Veirs Mill Rd
    Wheaton, MD 20902
    4.0 star rating
    1/19/2016
    I confess that one of the reasons why I enjoy going to the Westfield Wheaton Mall (and why it is frequently easy to convince my husband to go with me) is due to the options of Costco, Giant, Safeway, and Target being right near the Wheaton mall (with Costco being right inside of it) and the close proximity to the metro center. Additionally, the Wheaton Mall is a two level shopping mall and has over two levels of various shopping stores and places to eat at-the places to eat at; the Costco shopping food court, Panera Bread, Panda Express,Pholicious Rice Noodle Soup Place,Popeyes, Thai Kitchen, Subway, and more (my husband noticed that the Wheaton mall is going to open a Twisted Kilt restaurant-which I remember seeing one in Orlando Florida less than a couple miles from the University of Central Florida (when we lived in Orlando Florida from 2009 until 2010).  There are a variety of stores either in or near the Westfield Wheaton Mall in addition to Costco, Target,Safeway, and Giant such as; F.Y.E. Hallmark, Joann's Crafts,JcPenney, Macy's, Dick's Sporting Goods, and more.  The only caveat is that there is not yet a book store or a movie theater at Westfield Wheaton Mall but aside from those caveats, I'm often happy with my experience shopping at Westfield Wheaton Mall because my husband and I are usually able to find most of what we are looking for when we go to the WestfieldWheaton Mall.
  • Target
    11160 Veirs Mill Rd
    Silver Spring, MD 20902
    4.0 star rating
    1/19/2016
    This Target inside the Wheaton mall is well stocked with items and many of the products were easy to find.  I needed some La Bella gel that was pretty easy to find and I enjoy going to Target for my haircare products because of the quality selection that they have.  I was also able to purchase a magazine that is not easy to find in my area and one of the employees courteously helped me with an issue I had when I needed help with scanning the magazine at their self-check-out register.
  • Marathon Deli
    $  DelisGreek
    4429 Lehigh Rd
    College Park, MD 20740
    5.0 star rating
    1/19/2016
    My husband and I have been to this College Park Marathon Deli multiple times since 2010 (the year we first moved to the Washington D.C. area).  What I like about the Marathon Deli is that you can easily get your delicious gyros and fries either to go or to eat right there at Marathon Deli within a reasonable timeframe. On my recent trip I got my gyro to go.  What makes the gyros delicious at Marathon deli is that they cook the gyro lamb meat at the right texture and they are generous with the cucumber like tzatziki sauce mix that goes with it and  the right blend of what tastes like zesty lemon pepper seasoning to go with the fries that are cooked just right.  Last, but not least, I like that the  gyro, fries, and drink together are reasonably priced for the amount that the employees give you.
  • Taco Bell
    8428 Baltimore Ave.
    College Park, MD 20740
    4.0 star rating
    1/19/2016
    I admit that my husband and I have already been to this College Park Maryland Taco Bell more than once within the past month.  The service is great and the food is actually both tasty and cheap.  The only reason why I now limit the number of times I go is due to my newfound fitness goals. One of the foods that my husband has enjoyed from here is the the smothered burrito while I find the beefy cheddar crunchwrap slider to be delicious.  They have delectable drinks at this college park taco bell as well.  For instance, there is the sangria flavored mountain dew and some type of apple flavored soda, two drink flavors that I have not yet seen at other taco bells that my husband and I have been to.
  • Flippin' Pizza
    $  Pizza
    6507 America Blvd
    Hyattsville, MD 20782
    5.0 star rating
    1/19/2016
    I admit that I successfully convinced my husband to try this Flippin Pizza restaurant in Hyattsville, Maryland due to the fact that I found the pizza tasty at the Silver Spring Flippin pizza location.  I like that as with the Silver Spring location that this Flippin Pizza location allows the value meal option for both pizza and soda.  I chose a scrumptious sliceof the whitestone pizza which comes with fresh basil, garlic, mozzarella,parmesan, and ricotta.
  • Plato's Diner
    7150 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    5.0 star rating
    1/9/2016
    My husband and I went to  the College Park, Maryland Plato's restaurant  a few days ago and had the following dishes; my husband had the chicken stroganoff while I had French toast, eggs, and bacon with a rootbeer drink (we shared a mozzarella stick appetizer).  My husband and I both agree that the food tasted delectable and the waiter was cordial.  Overall, Plato's Diner in College Park, Maryland is perfect for those looking for food at an affordable price with a savory taste.
  • Ledo Restaurant
    $$  PizzaSoupSandwiches
    4509 Knox Rd
    College Park, MD 20740
    5.0 star rating
    1/2/2016
    The recent meal at this College Park, Maryland Ledo Restaurant was a treat from my husband. Both of us enjoyed our dinners, my husband had salmon while I had seafood pizza (the pizza was affordably priced and came out tasting good and included scallops, crab meat, and shrimp). I had rootbeer to drink while my husband had iced tea.
  • Cold Stone Creamery
    7314 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    4.0 star rating
    1/2/2016
    I confess that the only reason why I do not stop by this College Park Maryland Coldstone Creamery that often is because I'm striving to save more money in the New Year  (2016 and beyond)via how much I spend on sweets (I intend to save at least ten to twenty percent or more automatically of whatever I'm paid each month) and being more careful how much icecream I  consume in conjunction with my weight loss goals (I'm well aware that I may see results in 2016 but that it could also take up to 2020 or beyond). Anyhow,The reason; The one scoop of the Coldstone Creamery German Chocolatecake icecream (although it's actually labeled Germanchokolatekake) at the College Park Coldstone Creamery ice cream store) I had was a generous sized scoop even for one scoop and the additions of the graham cracker crust and the yellow cake pieces that I asked for made the icecream taste even better, plus the person serving my icecream was truly polite and charged me pretty reasonably for what I got. However, once again, despite the luscious taste of the Coldstone Creamery icecream I have to watch how many times I visit there because of my fitness and monetary goals that I have set for myself in the New Year (however, I understand that there are others who could easily visit here much more often than I do,If taste is their only concern).
  • Starbucks
    7336 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, MD 20740
    4.0 star rating
    1/2/2016   Updated review
    On our recent trio to the College Park, Maryland Starbucks I chose the smallest size peppermint mocha while my husband had the vanilla chai latte (one of the reasons why we keep coming back to this College Park Starbucks has to do with the consistent flavorful drinks).  We also bought some appetizing tasting banana bread and ginger bread (each bread was just a dollar each).
    5.0 star rating
    11/12/2015  Previous review
    Our recent visit to this College Park Maryland Starbucks was yesterday.  I had a delectable… Read more
    5.0 star rating
    12/14/2014  Previous review
    My husband got me to enjoy and give this college park location of starbucks a chance. We have been…Read more
    • Westfield Montgomery
      7101 Democracy Blvd
      Bethesda, MD 20817
      5.0 star rating
      2/14/2016
      For the Spirit of Valentine's day this past Friday my husband and I mutually agreed to go to the Westfield Montgomery mall in Bethesday Maryland, There were multiple fascinating shops and the vibe/energy of the mall was very inviting. There are stores inside this mall such as Brookstone's, Apple, and Teavana. I would actually visit this mall more often if I lived closer.
    • Lobster ME
      $$  Seafood
      7101 Democracy Boulevard
      Bethesda, MD 20817
      4.0 star rating
      2/14/2016
      My husband and I decided to try this Lobster ME place inside the Westfield Mongomery Mall food court because there are not yet any restaurants likes this near where we currently live. My husband chose to have the New England sandwich with a Dr. Pepper, while I had the Frenchy lobster melt and chowder fries. We both found our meals to be tasty and the cashier was friendly to us and gave my husband the food in a reasonable time frame.  My husband felt that the food was plentiful for what my he paid (the chowder fries were good but I did not finish the fries because I wanted to leave room for a dessert).
    • Dairy Queen Orange Julius
      7101 Democracy Blvd
      Bethesda, MD 20817
      4.0 star rating
      2/14/2016
      My husband and I recently went to this Dairy Queen inside the Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda Maryland as a dessert treat for Valentine's Day (the last time we had been inside a Dairy Queen was in either 2009 or 2010 when we were still living in Orlando, Florida. Both of us found our desserts to be delicious. He chose to have an Orange Julius while I had a small size Red Velvet cake blizzard. In addition, the server was polite and gave us our orders pretty quick.
    • CAVA
      3105 14th St NW
      Washington, DC 20016
      5.0 star rating
      2/1/2016
      I enjoy going to Cava Mezze Grill (in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington D.C.) when I get the chance because their food is both scrumptious and gives me energy, especially on my recent trip. The price too was pretty reasonable (I was able to get a decent amount of food and the delectable drink for the $13.31 that I paid).  Among the ingredients in the delectable food that I ate;  Kalamata olives, lemon, feta cheese,basil, half meatball, half lamb, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, tzatziki sauce, hummus, yellow-colored basmati rice, right blend of olive oil taste and more.  The delicious flavors that are available for the fruit juice combos;  pineapple apple mint, blueberry rosemary kale, apple cucumber ginger lemon, blood orange green tea and more yummy beverages. There are also some type of what look like lettuce greens for those who prefer them with their meal. I saw a customer in front of me ask the food server for an order of what looked to be lettuce greens to go with her Cava Mezze Grill meal.
    • CVS Pharmacy
      $$  Drugstores
      3031 14th St NW
      Washington, DC 20009
      4.0 star rating
      2/1/2016
      I recently bought  a Visa Prepaid Card from the CVS pharmacy (in the Washington D.C neighborhood of Columbia Heights) less than a week ago because I need a low risk card that would only use the cash I put on it to pay two of my student loans on time this month. Fortunately, the Visa Prepaid card that I purchased from this CVS was high quality. I say this because the card was working within 4 hours of me calling one of the student loan reps to make my payment on time.  Last, but not least, the CVS cashier who activated and scanned my Prepaid Visa card was well-mannered and checked me out in a reasonable time frame.
    • Target
      3100 14th St NW
      Washington, DC 20010
      4.0 star rating
      2/1/2016
      My recent trip to Target less than a week ago (in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington D.C. near the Columbia Heights metro)consisted of me getting  the cheapest roll of toilet paper and some socks for my husband and I.  I have shopped at this Target from time to time since 2010 and one of the positives about this store is that the items that I need are frequently easy to find and the shelfs are well-organized. Fortunately, the cashier I had also had a pleasant personality and my wait in the line was pretty brief.  The additional positive is that this Target store has two levels of merchandise (for instance, the first floor has hair products, toilet paper, cleaning supplies etc while the second floor has merchandise such as some items for the house such as certain furniture and more).The only caveat is that I couldn't find the winter boots I was looking for at this Target store.  I tried the Women's section and they did have some great looking and comfortable boots for the winter just not for my price range of 20 to 30 dollars (I ended up ordering a pair online from Amazon).  I truthfully was going to try the men's section to see the variety and affordability for men's boots but I did not see any employee nearby to ask. However, in Target's defense I did not even attempt to look around and/or stick around long enough for any Target employees to ask for options in relation to boots that were in the 20-30 dollar range, I'm usually the type of person that would go ahead and order something  online and/or at another store if purchasing the item can wait).
    • Bed Bath & Beyond
      3100 14th St NW
      Washington, DC 20010
      4.0 star rating
      2/1/2016
      I purchased a couple of items from this Bed, Bath, & Beyond  store less than a week ago (in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington D.C.) that were of the Bodycology brand and one other item that I prefer to keep personal. Much to my pleasant surprise, both items were affordable and one of the employees who saw me approached me in a cheerful and dignified manner to make sure that I was finding what I was looking for easily (fortunately, I also was helped in a polite manner by one of the employees that I asked for help).
    • Walgreens
      1329 University Blvd E
      Takoma Park, MD 20912
      4.0 star rating
      2/1/2016
      My recent trip to this Takoma Park Maryland Walgreens consisted of the following items Hershey's King Size Reese's Sticks for my husband (Walgreen's had a 3 for $3.33 sale for the 3 oz Reese's king size candy bars).  I also purchased two 23 oz Arizona tea cans that were on sale 2 for one dollar (one green colored can of 23 oz. Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey  and the other a red, dark green and black lettering tea can that was a 23 oz. Arizona Southern Style Sweet Tea listed to be Original Brand Real Brewed).  The cashier was polite and scanned my order quickly. Once I got home I obviously gave the Reese's sticks to my husband and one of the teas (he chose the Sweet Tea) while I had the Ginseng and Honey tea (which is actually one of my favorite teas from the Arizona tea brand).
    • Noodles & Company
      $  Noodles
      7320 Baltimore Ave
      College Park, MD 20740
      4.0 star rating
      1/30/2016
      On our recent trip to Noodles & Company in College Park Maryland (my husband's idea) I decided to have a tasty dish of the Wisconsin Mac & Cheese (comes with cheddar and jack cheeses) with meatballs and a rootbeer drink. My husband also decided to go with a fountain drink and he enjoyed a dish of their spaghetti & meatballs with extra sauce. The cashier was polite to us and much to my pleasant surprise, our food was served to us pretty quickly.
    • IKEA Restaurant & Cafe
      10100 Baltimore Ave
      College Park, MD 20740
      4.0 star rating
      1/21/2016
      I'm happy and feel blessed to say that my 12 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow. However, my husband and I chose to have our anniversary dinner today because of the potential snowstorm that is said to possibly hit the Washington D.C. area this weekend. Anyhow, my husband and I mutually agreed to eat at the Ikea restaurant on the second level inside the Ikea store in College Park Maryland. Both my husband and I agreed that our food was appetizing and the employees were courteous.  We had among the following foods; My husband had the Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingonberry jam plus a blue cheese wedge salad with pepsi.  I had some salmon, some vegetables (I admit that I ate the broccoli and cauliflower but not the carrots), some delish corn on the cob with some type of lingonberry liquid.  Additionally, my husband and I shared the Chocolate Overload Cake for dessert.  I noticed on the first floor that the Ikea had another café that included affordable cinnamon buns, low cost hot dog combo meals, lowcost pizza combo meals, a mini grocery store of various meats and other dinner items, and a candy section.  I have not yet tried anything from their café on the first floor but I intend to do so on a future visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment